Tracing

Decorating By midnitecallguy38 Updated 24 Aug 2006 , 4:21pm by springlakecake

midnitecallguy38 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
midnitecallguy38 Posted 24 Aug 2006 , 10:32am
post #1 of 7

i'm pretty new to this type of thing so please excuse the ignorance of this question but---how do you trace a shape onto a cake without using a pencil ? icon_redface.gif ty for any answer i can get

6 replies
SharonZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SharonZ Posted 24 Aug 2006 , 11:43am
post #2 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnitecallguy38

i'm pretty new to this type of thing so please excuse the ignorance of this question but---how do you trace a shape onto a cake without using a pencil ? icon_redface.gif ty for any answer i can get

Try using the tapered spatula.
Sharon

Sweetpeeps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweetpeeps Posted 24 Aug 2006 , 11:51am
post #3 of 7

You could also use a toothpick. Or use piping gel to trace it on wax paper and then carefully lay it on the cake. Pull it off and the piping gel shows your outline. If it's on the whole top of the cake though you could try the frozen buttercream transfer. There is a forum on here on how to do it.

boring Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
boring Posted 24 Aug 2006 , 12:04pm
post #4 of 7

Pin pricks are another way to go

Sweetpeeps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweetpeeps Posted 24 Aug 2006 , 12:14pm
post #5 of 7

By the way, welcome to the wonderful world of caking!

Tkeys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tkeys Posted 24 Aug 2006 , 4:03pm
post #6 of 7

A few people will use projector machines, too - a more expensive way to go. Frozen buttercream transfers are another way to "trace" a picture then transfer the design to the cake. You can search the articles for a full explanation of how those work.

springlakecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
springlakecake Posted 24 Aug 2006 , 4:21pm
post #7 of 7

I am personally a big fan of the frozen buttercream transfer (FBCT). YOu can see in my photos the tractor cake, hibiscus cake, and the little pooh cake (next to the larger pooh cake) are all FBCT's. They are pretty easy and they look awesome!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%