Last Night's Road Tasted

Decorating By ckkerber Updated 25 Aug 2006 , 2:20pm by ckkerber

ckkerber Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ckkerber Posted 24 Aug 2006 , 5:26am
post #1 of 14

Did anyone watch Road Tasted on FoodTV last night (the show with Paula Deen's sons)? I saw the coolest dessert idea from a restaurant they visited in N.Y. It was for cheesecake lollipops. Basically, the chef took a cheesecake, cut it in half, and dumped half of it in a mixing bowl. He blended it well and then put the mix into a decorating bag. Using a large tip, he piped mounds onto a cookie sheet and then froze them. He then took them out of the freezer and stuck lollipop sticks in them. These cheesecake bites were then dipped into a variety of things . . . one was dipped in melted white chocolate, then white chocolate tinted pink / red, then dipped in crushed pistachios and dried cherries. Another was dipped into a milk chocolate coating, then into dark chocolate crunchies and toffee bits. Finally, the third one was dipped into white chocolate, and then dipped half in milk chocolate and the other half in dark chocolate (at an angle so that it looks like the vest of a tuxedo) and then dipped into peanut crunchies and Reese's peanut butter bits. They looked SO good and in theory, not that hard to make. The idea behind the show is to get people to order them online but i'm thinking I may have to give this a shot! Think of the flavor combinations you could do!

13 replies
CakeRN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeRN Posted 24 Aug 2006 , 5:32am
post #2 of 14

Didn't see it but I have tasted a choc covered cheesecake (frozen) on a stick. It was so so...but there are lots of possibilities....

NeeNee30 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NeeNee30 Posted 24 Aug 2006 , 1:12pm
post #3 of 14

I did see it! I saw that and thought, man, what a great idea!!!! I would have never thought about doing that with cheesecake. I may have to experiment with it. Like you said, ckkerber, the flavor combos are endless!

deijha Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deijha Posted 24 Aug 2006 , 3:32pm
post #4 of 14

I watched that. OH yummy!! I would love to get in the car with them and go tasteing across america. What fun
Jeanne

Katydidz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katydidz Posted 24 Aug 2006 , 3:44pm
post #5 of 14

I would love to get in that car with them just because I think they're cute icon_smile.gif. I didn't see that one, but I have seen them done before. Sandra Lee (icon_razz.gif ugh.) did it with a store bought cheesecake and I thought I'd like to do it with something...uhm...good. Anyway! Thanks for refreshing my curiosity, I needed another project for this weekend!

tbittner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tbittner Posted 24 Aug 2006 , 3:51pm
post #6 of 14

I saw that one too! It did look very good!

luvbakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvbakin Posted 24 Aug 2006 , 6:52pm
post #7 of 14

My DH and I saw that. I can't believe that it was that simple. Anyone could make those. Why would they tell us how easy it was to make???

I'll have to try that for my next party.

kjgjam22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjgjam22 Posted 25 Aug 2006 , 4:00am
post #8 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by deijha

I watched that. OH yummy!! I would love to get in the car with them and go tasteing across america. What fun
Jeanne

i agree with you on that one. i would love to do that. i wonder... it would be down right awesome.

xandra83 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xandra83 Posted 25 Aug 2006 , 4:06am
post #9 of 14

I'm with Katydidz. I would go anywhere with those two guys. They're pretty hott. I'm amrried, but I can look all I want. I don't know...if I were in a car with them I would be too tempted to touch. tapedshut.gif

martinez73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
martinez73 Posted 25 Aug 2006 , 4:13am
post #10 of 14

I agree with xandra and Katydidz.. They are very cute..That Paula Deen she knows how to make everything good..lol icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

ckkerber Posted 25 Aug 2006 , 6:28am
post #11 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinez73

I agree with xandra and Katydidz.. They are very cute..That Paula Deen she knows how to make everything good..lol icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

Too funny! I'm with you all . . . I'd go anywhere with them, too, though I don't think my hubby would like it. I have to say that they are definitely cute, but the fact that they can cook and adore their Mama makes them downright irresistible! (as long as they aren't mama's boys, mind you).

I was surprised, too, that the restaurant with the cheesecake pops would just give their secret away. Part of me wonders if they purposely left an important step out so that it won't work out well, but I doubt that's the case. I guess what we need to remember is that most people wouldn't take the time to make them on their own. Not everyone is a CC addict who spends almost as many hours baking as they do chatting about it. So a lot of people would still buy them rather than make them. If anyone does try the recipe before I do, please post your results!! Regarding a different post about cappucino chocolate chips that I saw the other day, I think THAT would be an amazing flavor with cheesecake.

Tiffysma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tiffysma Posted 25 Aug 2006 , 9:56am
post #12 of 14

I saw that too and thought it was so neat! He said you chill those before dipping and that at one point I thought someone mentioned them being frozen. Did anyone catch that? I've got to experiment with that one!

MomLittr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MomLittr Posted 25 Aug 2006 , 10:14am
post #13 of 14

I wa amazed at how easy these were. I did notice that the cheesecake was made without any type of crust though. Their cheesecake recipe must be a very dense one though. I am also going to try this!

deb

ckkerber Posted 25 Aug 2006 , 2:20pm
post #14 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffysma

I saw that too and thought it was so neat! He said you chill those before dipping and that at one point I thought someone mentioned them being frozen. Did anyone catch that? I've got to experiment with that one!

I said that they were frozen, but I was fuzzy on that point as I wasn't paying full attention to that part. I'm sure you're right that it was chilled so forget what I said about the freezer.

Regarding the crust, I couldn't tell if there was a crust on the cheesecake but I think I'd like to try it both ways because I think the crust flavor makes the cheesecake

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%