Clouds?

Decorating By kcepenney Updated 24 Aug 2006 , 1:10am by springlakecake

kcepenney Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kcepenney Posted 23 Aug 2006 , 11:38pm
post #1 of 9

How do I make clouds? Frosting? FOndant?? Please help!

8 replies
Kelrak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kelrak Posted 23 Aug 2006 , 11:47pm
post #2 of 9

I didn't like the ones I made out of fondant (it was my first try...see my photo). I think royal icing or bc would be best.

theecakelady47 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
theecakelady47 Posted 23 Aug 2006 , 11:48pm
post #3 of 9

what kind of cloud? As part of an airbrush picture, I rip a paper towel, like a cloud and lightly lay on cake, and spray light strokes, moving it down from the top, spray again, and move it around to have some blue, but lots of white showing....but to do it in icing I just use a coupler and fill with white icing and puff a group together to look like a cloud. Hope this helps.
Brenda

kcepenney Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kcepenney Posted 23 Aug 2006 , 11:58pm
post #4 of 9

No I am not air brushing it. I need to do something out of buttercream or fondant, that is all I have.

prettycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prettycake Posted 24 Aug 2006 , 12:04am
post #5 of 9

Is it like the picture we see on top in the "Home" page ? where that "sale" add is ?

birdgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
birdgirl Posted 24 Aug 2006 , 12:07am
post #6 of 9

I made clouds with buttercream--it was between medium and thin consistancy and used the #12 tip to pipe the outline and then filled it in. I used a butter knife to blend the edges together to fill in the outline. They stood about 1/4 inch off of the surface when I was done.

Sumer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sumer Posted 24 Aug 2006 , 12:09am
post #7 of 9

I made clouds on a cake by using both fondant AND buttercream. It's in my photos.....first, I blended sky blue fondant with white, leaving big swirls in the fondant of the two colors. This represent the one-dimensional view of the sky.....then, using a big tip, (round), I piped billowy piles of buttercream, so they were three-dimensional. It turned out nicely I think. Good luck!

SheilaF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SheilaF Posted 24 Aug 2006 , 12:17am
post #8 of 9

I've done the buttercream clouds too. They turn out really nice. Especially since mine was around a FBCT, so it helped w/the 3D effect.....

springlakecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
springlakecake Posted 24 Aug 2006 , 1:10am
post #9 of 9

I made clouds too out of BC using tip 12, probably a med consistency. Just pipe away in randoms puffs! See my pooh cake in photos. It was easy and cute!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%