Bad Baking Day

Decorating By springlakecake Updated 24 Aug 2006 , 1:36am by cheffie

springlakecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
springlakecake Posted 23 Aug 2006 , 7:37pm
post #1 of 9

I just have to vent! I have a 3rd cake in the oven. I only needed to bake one, but they kept getting stuck in the pan. One just cracked when I turned it over, the second I must have filled the pan too much and it rose too high and got stuck...so I am baking this stupid cake the third time! ARRRGGG! I thought I had at least gotten to the point where I could at least bake the cake. My last cake went so well, I guess I was due for some frustration. I will only get $15 (before costs) for this cake so now that I have baked it 3 times, I will make about 9 cents an hour. Sorry for the rant, I feel better now. I hope this cake will come out of the pan!!! icon_cry.gif

8 replies
butterflyjuju Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butterflyjuju Posted 23 Aug 2006 , 8:24pm
post #2 of 9

Ugh so sorry! I hate those type of days. What are you using for your pan spray? I always use equal parts of flour, crisco, and oil. Comes out every time great unless you let the cake cool longer than 10 minutes.

JuLinda

JoanneK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoanneK Posted 23 Aug 2006 , 8:29pm
post #3 of 9

Oh no! Why does those sort of things happen only when it's a cake for sale and not when it's just for us to eat alone and we don't care what they look like?

Here is a great tip to make sure your cakes never stick again. Line the bottom with waxed paper. Then when you are ready to take the cake out of the pan you just run a knife around the edge to loosen it up and the cake will come right out. Never fails. Works like a charm. No more having to grease your pans first and hoping they get covered perfect.

Good luck with the 3rd cake.

Joanne

ps3884 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ps3884 Posted 23 Aug 2006 , 8:35pm
post #4 of 9

merissa, I feel for you!!! My day went very similar. Fortunately, the cake I was baking (if you can call it that) was just for practice.

I want to try a whimsical cake. I baked one cake yesterday and another this morning. I mixed the 3rd cake, which was a mix and after I put it in the oven, I realized I never added the pudding mix. icon_surprised.gif Oh well. I checked on it almost an hour later and it is no where near done. icon_confused.gif Checked again a little later, still no progress. icon_confused.gif It took me three times before I realized that the oven wasn't even on!!! icon_eek.gificon_cry.gif I had turned it off after cake #2. icon_redface.gif The funny part is, turning off the oven has been an issue. We just moved in and the oven/stove is very different from my old one. I keep forgetting to turn the stove off. icon_sad.gif And of course, my husband has to be the one that notices first. icon_mad.gif Now, this time I turn it off when I actually need it on?!?! icon_confused.gif

MelissaLynn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MelissaLynn Posted 23 Aug 2006 , 8:36pm
post #5 of 9

Baker's Joy is all I can say

springlakecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
springlakecake Posted 23 Aug 2006 , 8:50pm
post #6 of 9

Well fortunately the 3rd one came out okay. I usually dont have any problems, but I was using some pans that I had never used and I overfilled it the second time around and it got stuck all around the edge. I am not sure what happened on the first cake, (also a pan I hadnt used, a square) and the corner broke off. But as long as I have no other problems, hopefully I will be good to go. Still lots to do...a potential for more problems... icon_rolleyes.gif

snarkybaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snarkybaker Posted 24 Aug 2006 , 12:48am
post #7 of 9

I have a soothing mantra for situations like this...Parchment paper..

kjgjam22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjgjam22 Posted 24 Aug 2006 , 1:06am
post #8 of 9

opppss... just to let you know though...o am sure you are not alone. i have had days like that too. something just has to go wrong. you will have that once in a while.

cheffie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheffie Posted 24 Aug 2006 , 1:36am
post #9 of 9

I have a better soothing mantra Lots of Rum!! and not for the cake!! icon_lol.gif Cheffie icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%