Cheesecake And Fondant - Do They Go Together??

Decorating By lotsofsprinkles Updated 2 Jul 2007 , 3:09pm by Zahrah

lotsofsprinkles Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lotsofsprinkles Posted 2 Jul 2007 , 6:50am
post #1 of 9

Hi everyone!

I'm making a cake for my friend and she loves cheesecake... i'm just wondering if i made a baked cheesecake, can i cover it with fondant and leave it on the bench for a few days? I live in australia and it's winter here so it's not too hot outside.

8 replies
jules06 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jules06 Posted 2 Jul 2007 , 11:06am
post #2 of 9

Hi crumblycookie
I haven't tried covering cheesecakes with fondant, but I have seen ones covered in the modelling chocolate ( might taste better !! ) I think you can put that in fridge too...

icon_biggrin.gif

Zahrah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zahrah Posted 2 Jul 2007 , 1:00pm
post #3 of 9

I thought you're never suppose to refrigerate chocolate. Does this rule not apply to modeling chocolate? And yes, you can cover cheesecake with fondant. What's that website of the lady that does cheesecakes covered in fondant? Anyone?

jules06 Posted 2 Jul 2007 , 1:30pm
post #4 of 9

Yes, I've seen her website,that's the one I was thinking of ( she uses the modelling chocolate )...if you covered it,you could put it in the fridge ?

adven68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adven68 Posted 2 Jul 2007 , 1:30pm
post #5 of 9

I know elegantcheesecakes.com uses chocolate, but do they require refrigeration? I would think that they wuld condensate just like fondant, but can you keep a cheesecake at room temp for more than a few hours?

hmmmmmmmm....

jules06 Posted 2 Jul 2007 , 1:33pm
post #6 of 9

Maybe you could leave it out for a few hours but surely not for a few days ?
But, I've never covered a c/cake with either fondant or chocolate, so not sure

icon_biggrin.gif

lotsofsprinkles Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lotsofsprinkles Posted 2 Jul 2007 , 1:48pm
post #7 of 9

I wanted the cake to be white, so modeling chocolate won't really suit icon_redface.gif i'm been doing a bit of research and everyone seems to be saying that cheesecake shouldnt be left out of the fridge for more than 2 hrs...

icon_eek.gif what to do??

cuillere Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cuillere Posted 2 Jul 2007 , 2:14pm
post #8 of 9

elegant cheesecakes do refrigerate their cakes, I think they might even freeze them. One time I red that message they said they ship them with dry ice. I found this conversation online. Susan Morgan from elegant cheesecakes answered few questions.

How far in advance do you make the cheesecakes? How do you ship your cheesecakes?

<Susan Morgan from elegant cheesecake> We make our cheesecakes weekly. They stay fresh for two weeks before they begin to dry out. In general, we make the cheesecakes on Wednesday for weekend events. Transportation requires the utmost care and attention. Depending on the cake and the distance, we will travel with the cake to the site to be sure that all finishing touches are perfect. When we are shipping a cheesecake for mail order, we pack the cake in foam prior to freezing so it is not exposed to air flow or susceptible to freezer burn. For very large wedding cakes or very special events, we will ship the cake with dry ice.

Zahrah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zahrah Posted 2 Jul 2007 , 3:09pm
post #9 of 9

Yes! Yes! That's her. She does some beautiful work! Modeling chocolate can be white. But still - the whole refrigeration question...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%