How Long Does It Take U?

Decorating By ameena Updated 15 Feb 2006 , 5:52pm by twindees

MariaLovesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MariaLovesCakes Posted 15 Feb 2006 , 4:37pm
post #31 of 34

I voted for 2-4 hours because I fuss over my cakes too much. I can't make "simple" cakes anymore... icon_lol.gif

Plus I soak my cakes in simple syrup so that takes time too.

chaptlps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chaptlps Posted 15 Feb 2006 , 4:50pm
post #32 of 34

How long does it take me?
Well, dang, when I am at work and everything comes prepared (cakes frozen, frosting in buckets, etc.) Takes me about 10-15 minutes tops. Now at home, that's a different story. Have to bake the cake, make the frosting and the fondant, color the frosting, cool the cakes, play with the frosting and the fondant. Well, all in all could take me a coupla days to get it where I want it. The last cake I posted though, I procrastinated (bad me, bad me) and did the cake start to finish, let's see here, started baking at @ 10 p.m. and put the final touches on it at o 3:45 in the ol a.m. and dang it, had to be at work at 7. Sheesh, talk about a long day, also had a doc's appt. at 10, delivered the cake and went back to work. Needless to say I went to bed quite early.

jmcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jmcakes Posted 15 Feb 2006 , 5:01pm
post #33 of 34

it takes me a million hours!!!!!!!!!! I swear....but it is so much fun to see the finished product...you wanna know why it tkaes me forever...I don't have a dish washer or enough counter space!!! What life would be like with a dishwasher?? icon_rolleyes.gif

twindees Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twindees Posted 15 Feb 2006 , 5:52pm
post #34 of 34

It depends on the mood I am in and what I have to do that day. If I have lots of time to spear I take my time but If I have other things to do I say form 3 to 5 hours.

But I will pick at this and change that and reconsider everything until the cake goes out the door.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%