Cake Challenge Assistants

Decorating By Missyleigh Updated 1 Jul 2007 , 10:39pm by brwntab

Missyleigh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Missyleigh Posted 1 Jul 2007 , 7:31pm
post #1 of 5

Am I the only one that feels bad for the assistants in the food network chllenges. I mean they are supar talanted but it seems that they are the worker bees and the designer gets all the glory. Do you think they share the money with them if they win? And like on duffs show those guys and gals are awesome but it seems he takes the credit because it is his bakery. Am i weird thinking this?

4 replies
christielee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
christielee Posted 1 Jul 2007 , 9:59pm
post #2 of 5

Nope, I pretty much feel this way too. And I'm sure we are not alone!!I often think that Geof is actually better than Duff, and I think some of the assistants actually do more work than the celebrities!

christie

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 1 Jul 2007 , 10:03pm
post #3 of 5

I see this in the shows, too. I think it's what gives me the kick in the butt to make sure I share any compliments from clients/guests with my crew and I make sure to tell the compliment-giver that it's my crew and staff that make it work for me. I take responsibility for anything that may go wrong, but no way I could do what I do without the great crew that I have. They are the ones who make it work for me.

I'm betting that the Duff's and the Collette's know this and their assistant's are properly rewarded and credited behind the scenes. They couldn't get good people if they treated their folks like crap.

mqguffey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mqguffey Posted 1 Jul 2007 , 10:11pm
post #4 of 5

I remember one challenge that Duff won, cereal skylines I believe, where he said he was using his winning to take the whole staff on vacation, Mexico, I think.

Recently Norman Davies, during Cartoon Cakes, I believe (don't you love my memory??), said he was flustered but that his assistant, Zane, never lost his cool.

I've seen them do a good job giving their assistants props.

brwntab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brwntab Posted 1 Jul 2007 , 10:39pm
post #5 of 5

I think they share with their assts, because they work as hard as they do. But how much they remains the question. icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%