Help....need To Do An Appreciation Cake For A Male Pastor!

Decorating By Arty Updated 4 Jul 2007 , 11:39am by Arty

Arty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Arty Posted 1 Jul 2007 , 6:42pm
post #1 of 7

I am normally quite good at coming up with ideas, but just went blank when given this cake order. I normally find it hard to think of cake ideas for men at the best of times.......but given the brief of an appreciation cake for a male Pastor is making it 10 times worse.
Help, Help, Help me please I can't think of anything. I want to make it humorous, with a slight religous element but also fun icon_confused.gif .........See told you it was hard. I only have a few weeks to think of something and time is running out.

Help, all ideas welcome icon_cry.gif

Sarah

6 replies
AmyCakes2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmyCakes2 Posted 1 Jul 2007 , 7:01pm
post #2 of 7

Is there something "unique" about this pastor - like is he Italian, really like food, etc? For example, my pastor is Italian so for him, something "Godfather-ish" would be something he'd love. He also LOVES to eat, so something to do with food would be good, too.
Hope that helps a little!

Arty Posted 1 Jul 2007 , 7:37pm
post #3 of 7

Thank you for your idea......thinking about it now he is from the West Indies, Jamaica. So maybe I could do some thing with this in mind.

Again thank you Amycakes for your idea.

Getting somewhere icon_rolleyes.gif

Arty Posted 2 Jul 2007 , 2:25pm
post #4 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arty

I am normally quite good at coming up with ideas, but just went blank when given this cake order. I normally find it hard to think of cake ideas for men at the best of times.......but given the brief of an appreciation cake for a male Pastor is making it 10 times worse.
Help, Help, Help me please I can't think of anything. I want to make it humorous, with a slight religous element but also fun icon_confused.gif .........See told you it was hard. I only have a few weeks to think of something and time is running out.

Help, all ideas welcome icon_cry.gif

Sarah

Anybody else with any further ideas. Really, really need help icon_cry.gif

SaraO Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SaraO Posted 2 Jul 2007 , 11:44pm
post #5 of 7

You could write something like "Thank you for being the salt of the Earth" and put a salt shaker on the cake. Or you could do a cake in the shape of a sun (or a lighthouse or a candle) and write on it "Thanks for letting your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven" (Matthew 5:16). That's all I can think of right now.

bethola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bethola Posted 3 Jul 2007 , 12:07am
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Quote:

Anybody else with any further ideas. Really, really need help icon_cry.gif

I'm THINKIN'! I'm THINKIN'! LOL

When I think of Jamaica, I think of beaches IMMEDIATELY! Beaches takes me to water.....water to Noah! How about a Noah's ark cake with something like "Thank You for saving us from troubled waters!" or "Keep on Rowin!....we're tryin' as hard as we can!" LOL

Just a thought. It's late and I'm mad at the "Cable Guy" who was late hooking up hubby's HDTV! LOL

Beth in KY

Arty Posted 4 Jul 2007 , 11:39am
post #7 of 7

Ok, thanks guys icon_biggrin.gif The ideas are starting to flow, I just think I have been thinking about it too hard........I need to relax and think outside the box.

I do now have an idea that is coming to gether in my mind. The next step is putting it into action.

Again thanks to everyone that gave me an idea. CC rules thumbs_up.gif

Sarah

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%