Could You, Would You Show Your First Cake?

Decorating By katharry Updated 10 Sep 2006 , 1:35pm by mommabuda

jessieb578 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jessieb578 Posted 10 Sep 2006 , 12:46am
post #61 of 72

Ok, so here's my first shot at fondant and only the second cake I've ever done....It's not the best, but it was a lot of fun to make!!
LL
LL

okieinalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
okieinalaska Posted 10 Sep 2006 , 1:14am
post #62 of 72

I would show my first cake but I don't have a pic of it. It was 3 years ago for my daughter's 3rd birthday I made a character cake "strawberry shortcake". It was a disaster but I kept at it, LOL.
(the first one stuck to the pan, the second one the dog ate and the third one I decorated and cried over it until I just got mad and finished it and it wasn't that bad after all. I told my husband at the party to take a pic of the cake and well....he did, technically the cake was in the photo although you can barely see the cake in the background.

: (

mjones17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjones17 Posted 10 Sep 2006 , 1:23am
post #63 of 72

Here was my first cake. I burned out 2 mixers making it icon_biggrin.gif
LL

luv2giggls Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2giggls Posted 10 Sep 2006 , 1:33am
post #64 of 72

This is the first fondant cake I made.
LL

treys_girl04 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
treys_girl04 Posted 10 Sep 2006 , 3:27am
post #65 of 72

this was my first cake ever,done in jan of this year for my son. i thought it was pretty good, and sometimes im suprised how nice my cakes come out now icon_smile.gif
LL

pippindipity Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pippindipity Posted 10 Sep 2006 , 5:32am
post #66 of 72

I don't have a picture of my first (oops!)

This is my second. I'm very new at decorating and I've only made it to my second cake so far. #3 is on it's way as soon as I figure out what I want to do.
LL

katharry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katharry Posted 10 Sep 2006 , 7:39am
post #67 of 72

Welcome pippindipity! Just wanted to say hi & welcome... you will love it here, people are sooo friendly and helpful it's great!

If this is your first cake.... you are well on your way! Great job! thumbs_up.gif

emmascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emmascakes Posted 10 Sep 2006 , 8:00am
post #68 of 72

OK, here's my first cake. I haven't 'published' it before. I made it last November for my sister who was leaving to Austalia for a long long time. It's supposed to represent dreams and excitement. One year later I think my cakes are a bit smoother and a bit more coherent - or at least I hope they are!

emmascakes Posted 10 Sep 2006 , 8:06am
post #69 of 72

sorry - let's try again, having trouble posting it.
LL

katharry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katharry Posted 10 Sep 2006 , 8:42am
post #70 of 72

emmascakes your FIRST cake is something I one day dream of doing icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Your 'koru' design on top of that cake is a very strong Maori design meaning "new beginnings" so quite apt you would put that on your sisters going away cake!

PS: How do you get such a great finish, is it lustre dust???

emmascakes Posted 10 Sep 2006 , 12:04pm
post #71 of 72

I had no idea the swirls on the top meant anything - how strange, thank you for telling me! The finish is lustre dust mixed with vodka and painted on thickly.

mommabuda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommabuda Posted 10 Sep 2006 , 1:35pm
post #72 of 72

Here's my first... it was actually a "practice" cake for my wedding... my "actual" cake didn't turn out so I had to hire someone to make it 3 days before our wedding! But I think the practice cake looked great... that's what gave me so much confidence!
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%