Cake Doctor's Tiramisu- Anyone Tried It?

Decorating By elvis Updated 21 Aug 2006 , 4:39pm by elvis

elvis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elvis Posted 21 Aug 2006 , 4:04pm
post #1 of 5

Hi--I had someone asking about Tiramisu and was hoping that the Cake Doctor's version was good. Has anyone tried this one, or any Tiramisu with cake mix before?

In the book, it is just basically a sheet cake-- would it be good in layers too? Seems like it. Its for a birthday cake and so I was hoping for something taller.

Thanks for any advice you can throw my way!!!

4 replies
kjgjam22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjgjam22 Posted 21 Aug 2006 , 4:27pm
post #2 of 5

hi, sorry cant help you there. i dont won that book. does she make cakes from scratch too or just mixes. i am a scratch girl so i have not gotten that book for that reason.

LizAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LizAnn Posted 21 Aug 2006 , 4:33pm
post #3 of 5

I haven't tried it, but I'll bet it's good .... everything in her cookbooks are great ! I do think it would work well as a layer cake.

DianaMarieMTV Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianaMarieMTV Posted 21 Aug 2006 , 4:35pm
post #4 of 5

I haven't made it before but just looked it up in my CMD book. Looks delicious to me and I bet it would be fantastic in layers! Are you thinking about just torting and putting the topping in between layers? Sounds yummy! I work at the Olive Garden and I'm addicted to the tiramisu.... icon_razz.gif
Let me know how it turns out!

Diana

elvis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elvis Posted 21 Aug 2006 , 4:39pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks everybody! I guess I'll try it in layers and let you know how it turns out!

kjgjam22, I should have called it the Cake Mix Doctor icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%