3D Car Pan, Where Can I Buy It Online? Is It Hard To Make??

Decorating By jjbrink Updated 27 Aug 2006 , 2:08am by jjbrink

jjbrink Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jjbrink Posted 21 Aug 2006 , 2:24pm
post #1 of 18

i was going to make a "big truck" (monster truck) cake for my sons birthday on sunday, using the 3d pt cruiser cake pan. however i dont really live close to a michaels to go get the pan. i checked the site and they do not ship over the internet, and they are all sold out on here. does anyone know anywhere i could get on on the website that sells them, without paying a fortune?
i checked e-bay, there were a couple but i dont want to chance that.

also, if anyone has made this cake is it very diffucult?

17 replies
leightorres Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leightorres Posted 21 Aug 2006 , 2:30pm
post #2 of 18

Hey -

I would look on ebay, thats where i get all my cake molds. Just type in wilton, truck or wilton car or something.

Good luck!

MikeRowesHunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MikeRowesHunny Posted 21 Aug 2006 , 2:30pm
post #3 of 18

No, it isn't hard to make, but the different depths in the pan can make baking times tricky! I would highly recommend putting a flower nail down in the deep part of the pan to help even out the baking a bit. I got mine from Ebay, but not living in the US, I can't recommend any sites that you could get one from so quickly!

ihavasweet2th Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ihavasweet2th Posted 21 Aug 2006 , 2:38pm
post #4 of 18

No, they are not hard to make. I made a couple of them and they were fun to make! I got mine at Hobby Lobby. I just did some checking for you and you can order online at www.fantes.com. They are $10.99. I clicked on CATS under the cake pans and it was on the same page.

Hope this helps!

~Luraleigh~

jjbrink Posted 21 Aug 2006 , 2:39pm
post #5 of 18

i checked e-bay, and i would not be able to get on from there in time.

thanks bonjovi for the info about the baking nail. i will defintly use it. can i use a regular yellow cake mix, or should i use a pound cake for this?

mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 21 Aug 2006 , 2:39pm
post #6 of 18

I don't know what to tell you about a place to get it but it's really easy to make.
I've been wanting to make a monster truck with mine but my boys don't want one.

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 21 Aug 2006 , 2:53pm
post #7 of 18

I have made this cake and it was fairly easy!! The cake itself did require quite along time to bake so make sure you bake it long enough..I didn't need a ponud cake recipe the boxed chocolate mix was just fine!! I used crueller donuts covered in black icing for the tready tires.I also made the cake board slightly raised for the effect.

Here is a pic of mine!!
LL

jjbrink Posted 21 Aug 2006 , 3:01pm
post #8 of 18

luraleigh- for some reason when i click on the link it says this domain is
not valid??

i am really looking foward to making this cake. and my son is too young to say what he wants so i get to do whatever, at lest until probly next year when he can better voice his openion icon_smile.gif

jjbrink Posted 21 Aug 2006 , 3:08pm
post #9 of 18

kiddiekakes- your cake was one i had saved in my favorites icon_smile.gif !!

it is very good, and i was going to be useing it as a reference. hope you dont mind icon_smile.gif

Kiddiekakes Posted 21 Aug 2006 , 3:14pm
post #10 of 18

I never mind thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif Imitation is the nicest form of Flattery!!!

Laurel icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

jjbrink Posted 21 Aug 2006 , 3:16pm
post #11 of 18

i was able to go to that website by directly typing it in. however i do not think, looking at their delivery schedule, i would receive the pan in time. thanks so much though for providing the link.

jjbrink Posted 21 Aug 2006 , 3:52pm
post #12 of 18

does anyone else know ano other websites that i cold possibly look on and order from?

MichelleG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleG Posted 21 Aug 2006 , 11:57pm
post #13 of 18

Did you try the Wilton website. They have the 3-D crusier pan there for $10.99 www.wilton.com

MichelleG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleG Posted 22 Aug 2006 , 12:03am
post #14 of 18

I did the Monster truck thing to for a friends little boy. I did cupcakes for the road and chocolate dougnuts for the wheels. I just made a regular chocolate cake for it and had no problems.

jjbrink Posted 22 Aug 2006 , 1:36am
post #15 of 18

ok, i called a place about 45 minutes away today and made sure they had one before i drove there. they did, so now i have one part of it taking care of. thanks to every one of you for all the help.
i do have one more question..the plate that goes between the truck and the cake, is it more for giving the truck height and to make it so the tires are placed where they need to be. i looked today in that store i was in for an oval plate, but they did not have one. i was thinking i could just cut one of board and wrap it then stabalize it with straws underneath. would this work?

Kiddiekakes Posted 22 Aug 2006 , 1:14pm
post #16 of 18

Yes..The plate is just for height.I made it with cardboard and then glued a few together for the thicker one.

jjbrink Posted 22 Aug 2006 , 3:08pm
post #17 of 18

thanks kiddiekakes.

i think i will be able to handle the cake now....i am sure though once i start i will run in to problems though...hindsight is always better than forsight.

thanks everyone!!

jjbrink Posted 27 Aug 2006 , 2:08am
post #18 of 18

ok, as i thought i did run into a problem...
i cant not figure out how to stack the truck cake onto the bottom cake. i tried, but it just wobbled around way too much to trudt it to stay. any suggestions?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%