Cake Scraps

Baking By leily Updated 20 Jul 2005 , 12:15am by Sugar

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 17 Jun 2005 , 4:37am
post #1 of 11

Another idea that I got from a local family grocery store for all those cake scraps.... or mistakes icon_wink.gif

They call it pudding surprise. But all they do is save up cake scraps, and layer them with pudding then put cool whip on top. It doesn't sounds like much but ohhh is it good. Depending on what flavors of cake they have the just compliment it with different flavors of pudding.

Just another idea, although it seems a few of you are addicted to those cake balls thumbs_up.gif

10 replies
KayDay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KayDay Posted 24 Jun 2005 , 4:52pm
post #2 of 11

I am going to try this. Well my family will...lol..I hardly ever eat cake anymore. Over exposure I guess. icon_biggrin.gif

melissablack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melissablack Posted 28 Jun 2005 , 8:01pm
post #3 of 11

That sounds like a trifle. I have thought about doing that with my scraps too, but I always feel like we have had enough sweets with all the cakes I make, so my scraps usually end up going stale!

PolishMommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PolishMommy Posted 28 Jun 2005 , 8:16pm
post #4 of 11

Scraps! What scraps??? My husband eats them all. icon_smile.gif

Don't ask me how many pounds he is overweight. hehe

Misdawn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Misdawn Posted 28 Jun 2005 , 8:26pm
post #5 of 11

What are scraps?! My boyfriend has gained 15 pounds since February when i started decorating. He even offers to pull the pans from the oven for me if I'll give him the tops that I cut off with my leveler!

scoobam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scoobam Posted 28 Jun 2005 , 8:36pm
post #6 of 11

I have a "mistake" choc cake we are doing this with tonight.

Choc pudding and chopped up heathbar all layered in a trifle bowl with the cake and cool whip. VIOLA dessert for DH's work tomorrow! icon_smile.gif

PolishMommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PolishMommy Posted 28 Jun 2005 , 8:47pm
post #7 of 11

True, Misdawn. They can be used for bribery too!

First you have to take out the trash, etc...

APCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
APCakes Posted 28 Jun 2005 , 8:48pm
post #8 of 11

I've heard a good idea somewhere on this site - to freeze the cake scraps and use them for future samples for customers.

sarahscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarahscakes Posted 10 Jul 2005 , 2:43am
post #9 of 11

You can also make rum balls with chocolate cake scraps. Just squish them up and add rum then dip in chocolate sprinkles.
And you can crumble your scraps and put them on the sides of your cake for a pretty side covering.
You can also crumble them and use for pie crust. Just press into botton of pan.
Just some ideas. But you still have to eat alot of sweets for any of them.

saranac2000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
saranac2000 Posted 13 Jul 2005 , 2:42am
post #10 of 11

And then there's Toba Garrett's idea-she mixes the scraps with frosting, I think, then crumb coats her cakes-perhaps calls it "spackling"??? It's in her "Well Decorated Cake" book although I can't remember all the details.

Sugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugar Posted 20 Jul 2005 , 12:15am
post #11 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahscakes

You can also make rum balls with chocolate cake scraps. Just squish them up and add rum then dip in chocolate sprinkles.
And you can crumble your scraps and put them on the sides of your cake for a pretty side covering.
You can also crumble them and use for pie crust. Just press into botton of pan.
Just some ideas. But you still have to eat alot of sweets for any of them.

This looks amazing. Drunken Cake Balls. icon_biggrin.gif

BTW Sarah your cakes are really pretty. I love each one. The Wonka one is brilliant!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%