Ideas For A 3-D Shark Cake

Decorating By Mnhreams Updated 3 Aug 2007 , 11:05pm by Fishnmama

Mnhreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mnhreams Posted 30 Jun 2007 , 9:54pm
post #1 of 8

Just need some ideas for a 3-D shark cake. Pictures would be great and thanks in advance for any ideas.

7 replies
Ariginal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ariginal Posted 30 Jun 2007 , 10:14pm
post #2 of 8

Hi try this site www.flourconfections.ca there is a cake called shark attack! hope that helps http://www.flourconfections.ca/galleries/3d1.html#null ... love to see a pic when you are done. I do have the instructions that go with this... so if you need them pm me and i will scan and send them to you...basically it entales: 2 6" round, 4" pan, doll pan1 cupcake and obviously you stack them all then carve out the mouth shape and use fondant for covering... the doll pan is sliced into three pieces so as to put in ya filling what have you...if you need the pics let me know..

Wendoger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wendoger Posted 30 Jun 2007 , 10:37pm
post #3 of 8

Too funny! I was gonna reference to Lisa's website as well! I love her shark cake!!!
thumbs_up.gif

Kayakado Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kayakado Posted 3 Jul 2007 , 3:49pm
post #4 of 8

Lindy Smith's Quick and Clever Party Cakes has full instructions with pics for a shark cake.

Fishnmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Fishnmama Posted 7 Jul 2007 , 2:53pm
post #5 of 8

Thanks for the help everyone. Lindy Smith's Quick and Clever Party Cakes Book from 2002 has EXACTLY what I have in my head to do.....bad news I don't know how to get my hands on the book. Does anyone have a suggestion? Running out of time, I need the cake on the 26th!!!!

Les Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Les Posted 7 Jul 2007 , 9:11pm
post #6 of 8

I picked up a copy at the local library for the Lindy Smith book, yous might have it also.

ChristaPaloma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChristaPaloma Posted 7 Jul 2007 , 9:32pm
post #7 of 8

Another photo from CC's galleries. I always loved this one by kitagirl.
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=45032

Fishnmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Fishnmama Posted 3 Aug 2007 , 11:05pm
post #8 of 8

I wanted to let everyone know I picked up a copy of Lindy Smith's book and gave the shark cake a try. The first cake looked more like a catfish!! The second cake was a definite "keeper" and got rave reviews at the wedding reception. Thanks for the help!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%