Disco Theme

Decorating By vetty Updated 3 Jul 2007 , 5:27pm by mrsg1111

vetty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vetty Posted 30 Jun 2007 , 7:43pm
post #1 of 11

Hello again,
I will be throwing myself a 30th birthday party in September. I am pondering with the idea of making my own cake. My husband thinks I'm crazy! lol!
can you all share some ideas with me on a disco themed cake? I would love to do the disco ball, however I am still just a beginner. I would also like to make a two tiered cake if possible. Thanks in advance!

10 replies
Zahrah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zahrah Posted 30 Jun 2007 , 9:29pm
post #2 of 11

I think you HAVE to have the disco ball. It's the law. icon_biggrin.gif Why not make a mini disco ball for the 'topper' on your stacked cake? You could make it out of fondant or chocolate clay or even rice crispies covered in fondant if you don't want to tackle a round cake...

Bashevita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bashevita Posted 1 Jul 2007 , 8:15pm
post #3 of 11

I found this and I loove it! It wouldn't be very hard either! I hope it helps!
LL

snowshoe1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snowshoe1 Posted 2 Jul 2007 , 1:51pm
post #4 of 11

Agree with Zahrah - you HAVE to do the disco ball! Nothing else could come close - and have a great birthday. Round cakes are easier than they look as Zahrah and Bashevita point out; just create a test cake before the big event. Gotta have lots of glitter on the cake.

birdgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
birdgirl Posted 2 Jul 2007 , 5:54pm
post #5 of 11

Do you have the Wilton ball pan? That could be a tier and then put it on another tier for the bottom--any shape would work. Cut squares out of fondant and dust them with disco dust. That would be simple.

birdgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
birdgirl Posted 2 Jul 2007 , 5:55pm
post #6 of 11

Do you have the Wilton ball pan? That could be a tier and then put it on another tier for the bottom--any shape would work. Dowel them together through the center. Ice it in buttercream then cut squares out of fondant and dust them with disco dust. That would be simple.

vetty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vetty Posted 2 Jul 2007 , 6:07pm
post #7 of 11

thanks ladies....I think i'm going to attempt to make the disco ball. wish me luck! icon_biggrin.gif

Zahrah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zahrah Posted 3 Jul 2007 , 12:58pm
post #8 of 11

Can't wait to see the pic!

EricaT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EricaT Posted 3 Jul 2007 , 5:14pm
post #9 of 11

it should be 2-ties of cake with the disco ball on top looking like a 3rd tier. maybe musical notes painted around the sides of the 2nd tier, and people dancing around the bottom one

msauer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msauer Posted 3 Jul 2007 , 5:23pm
post #10 of 11

Vetty-

I just picked up your PM to me regarding directions on how I did my Disco Ball. I am writing them up for you now and you should have them shortly!

I agree with everyone else....the mirror ball or nothin' at all!!!!!

Watch for my pm!!!!!

-Michelle Sauer

mrsg1111 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsg1111 Posted 3 Jul 2007 , 5:27pm
post #11 of 11

I don't know if you are/were a KISS fan, but I am throwing a surprise 35th for my fiance in October.... so i am doing a 70's theme (not going to specify disco or hippy) but i would like to incorporate KISS as they were one of his favorites!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%