Soap Cake

Decorating By AngD Updated 21 Aug 2006 , 4:32pm by AngD

AngD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AngD Posted 21 Aug 2006 , 12:26am
post #1 of 9

Ok so I was hoping I could get some creative ideas from all you wonderful people! My brother in-law is just a bit obsessive about washing his hands and germs etc. So my family and I thought it would be funny to make cake shaped like soap, like bath and body works dispenser, he likes the cucmber melon for example. So any good thoughts? Thanks!

8 replies
brightbrats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brightbrats Posted 21 Aug 2006 , 12:33am
post #2 of 9

bottle of hand sanitizer

darcat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darcat Posted 21 Aug 2006 , 12:35am
post #3 of 9

Yep I think a cake shaped like a bottle of liquid soap would be really cute you can do the label of his favourite brand in a butter cream transfer if you want.

Cakesbykaye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakesbykaye Posted 21 Aug 2006 , 12:41am
post #4 of 9

Hi there!
I think your idea of a soap cake is so funny!
I'd love to see a pic when u r done lol

I have an idea....may sound crazy...but it just came to mind.
You know those big White Dispensers you get to put on top of the
HUGE bottles of Ketchup and Mayonaise???
Its a Pump dispenser.
You could always get one of those...and remove it from the actual circle lid.....and bake a Cake....maybe cut up a sheet cake and Stack it up... to the height you need to resemble a Bottle of b/b works hand soap/sanitizer....
then cover with Fondant or Icing and decorate...then just stick
the Dispenser down in the top!
May not look EXACTLY like a pump dispenser...but he'll get the idea!

Hope this idea helps some...or atleast maybe sparks some sort of other idea for your cake!
Good Luck and Happy Baking!
Kaye

darcat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darcat Posted 21 Aug 2006 , 12:49am
post #5 of 9

lol cakesby thats a really cute idea maybe she could use a coffee can to bake the cake in and make the dispenser our of fondant around a straw or dowel or something to stick in the cake

AngD Posted 21 Aug 2006 , 3:00am
post #6 of 9

SOme great ideas, thanks guys! I will be sure and upload the pic for ya when I decide and do it. It isn't till October 22, so I will keep thinking and work on something. icon_smile.gif

oceanspitfire Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
oceanspitfire Posted 21 Aug 2006 , 3:54pm
post #7 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngD

SOme great ideas, thanks guys! I will be sure and upload the pic for ya when I decide and do it. It isn't till October 22, so I will keep thinking and work on something. icon_smile.gif

How about bar of soap on a soap dish (all cake obviously) and bubbles/lather on top. Or check out this site- I use this stuff - (not this brand- I use an alcohol free sanitizing mousse- it comes out foamy and cloudlike, like BC with a big round tip LOL) http://www.medical-supplies-equipment-company.com/product/PPF/ID/10959/new_prod_full.asp so you could do one of those laying down on a quarter sheet cake (or whatever size) and then a pile of foam coming out of it -using fluffy white BC

debsuewoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debsuewoo Posted 21 Aug 2006 , 4:15pm
post #8 of 9

Well, I am probably going to come off like a bad guy here, but what the heck. Someone has to stand up for the guy! While you and your family may think his OCD is funny, I will lay odds that if he is laughing, it's out of self defense. OCD is nothing to laugh about. Would you tease an anorexic? Give the man a break.

AngD Posted 21 Aug 2006 , 4:32pm
post #9 of 9

I'll give ya credit, it definatley isn't meant as a mean thing though. We all just joke about it, he knows we love him to death. I think we all have a little OCD about cetain things, I know I do. icon_smile.gif I will take your comment to thought though and make sure his wife doesn't feel like he would be upset. Make you feel any better? icon_redface.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%