One Cake Or Two? And Saying For Cakes

Decorating By mbelgard Updated 4 Jul 2007 , 4:02pm by JRAE33

mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 30 Jun 2007 , 3:21pm
post #1 of 12

My baby sister just had her first baby and one of my SILs is due in August with her first. We've been planning a big joint shower for Labor Day so everyone can make it and see the babies at the same time since some of us live several hours away (it's also during the time that my brother will be home on leave).
My other sister, SIL and I have been planning the shower, we're holding it at my SIL's house. She informed me that her outside estimate is 50 people for the shower.
I'm trying to decide between one cake (8" & 12") and two (6" & 10"). If I do two I'll have one baby's name on each. I need help deciding what to do.

It's a jungle theme, I'm making cookies for favors and am going to decorate the cake with them too. I'll post some practice ones I made later.

My brother also wants some smart a$$ saying for the cake (nothing rude of course) but I can't think of anything that goes with our theme.

11 replies
Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 30 Jun 2007 , 3:43pm
post #2 of 12

possible saying:

my mommy love me best!!! nah-nah (sticks out tongue)

Edibleart Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Edibleart Posted 30 Jun 2007 , 3:56pm
post #3 of 12

It's a jungle out there - good thing I'm cute!

dolfin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dolfin Posted 30 Jun 2007 , 3:58pm
post #4 of 12

Since it's your baby sister how about "I'm the baby now" on her cake and "Not for Long" on the other!

mbelgard Posted 30 Jun 2007 , 10:14pm
post #5 of 12

Thanks for the ideas.

Here are the cookies:
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=718603

I haven't decided to definatly use them for the cake but I'm thinking about it.

Edibleart Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Edibleart Posted 30 Jun 2007 , 10:23pm
post #6 of 12

"Wild Child" would work for a jungle theme also!

Cute cookies by the way

shipleyc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shipleyc Posted 30 Jun 2007 , 10:43pm
post #7 of 12

The cookies are really cute! I would definitely use them. I would say two cakes so that each mother feels a little special. Joint showers are great, but sometimes one mother will get overshadowed by the other. Maybe you could work in something personal to each of the cakes. I am lost for a saying. My husband is the witty one of the family and his suggestion is something about there being two more monkey's in the jungle. (Sorry not much help in that department.)

mbelgard Posted 30 Jun 2007 , 10:57pm
post #8 of 12

I'm not worried about one feeling overshadowed, neither likes to be the center of attention and are a little shy.

I forgot to add that I think I'm going to make the names out of fondant to look like wood or branches and will wrap some snakes around them. Snakes have to be there since it's jungle and the kids have three snake "cousins." icon_lol.gif

LauraS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LauraS Posted 30 Jun 2007 , 11:15pm
post #9 of 12

ok, i vote on

Wild Child" would work for a jungle theme also!

and if you are going to make baby is put one in a jungle print diaper and the other in a zabra print diaper.

aandecakedesign Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aandecakedesign Posted 1 Jul 2007 , 1:36pm
post #10 of 12

Maybe you can do a scanned pict of each baby on each cake and incorporate them in the jungle. cant wait to see when done

shoup_family Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shoup_family Posted 1 Jul 2007 , 11:50pm
post #11 of 12

I think 2 separate cakes would be great. Btw, you're cookies are adorable. Good job on them.

JRAE33 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JRAE33 Posted 4 Jul 2007 , 4:02pm
post #12 of 12

I love your cookies! Very cute.

I vote for two cakes...that way each mom has something their own.

Can't wait to see what you come up with.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%