Determining Cake Sizes

Decorating By chocomama Updated 14 Sep 2006 , 6:49pm by BakeQueen

chocomama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chocomama Posted 20 Aug 2006 , 4:58am
post #1 of 4

If a bride says she's inviting 100 guests to her reception should I make a cake for 100 or for less since there will always be people who can't make it? Also, in the case of 100 guests, what size would I make the groom's cake? Is it supposed to feed the same amount? I thought they were supposed to be smaller than the wedding cake. Thanks!

3 replies
BakeQueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakeQueen Posted 14 Sep 2006 , 6:40pm
post #2 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by chocomama

If a bride says she's inviting 100 guests to her reception should I make a cake for 100 or for less since there will always be people who can't make it? Also, in the case of 100 guests, what size would I make the groom's cake? Is it supposed to feed the same amount? I thought they were supposed to be smaller than the wedding cake. Thanks!

Chocomama,

I usually make over the amount of the order. So, if the bride wants a cake for 100 I usually round it up to be on the safe side. It's better to have too much than not enough.

moralna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moralna Posted 14 Sep 2006 , 6:47pm
post #3 of 4

I agree - I am also of the belief better a little too much than not enough, so i always make for a little more, and if there is some extra, it's always a nice thing for a bride to be able to calmly sit down after all the hustle and bustle and really enjoy a piece of her cakeicon_smile.gif

BakeQueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakeQueen Posted 14 Sep 2006 , 6:49pm
post #4 of 4

I actually did a cake for a wedding where the bride and groom ended up cutting the anniversary tier at their reception because the guest ate all of the cake. I volunteered to make them another tier for their 1st anniversary.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%