What Is Your Most Pop. Cake/filling Flavor For Child Bdays?

Decorating By MrsMom Updated 30 Jun 2007 , 12:11pm by MrsMom

MrsMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMom Posted 29 Jun 2007 , 5:12pm
post #1 of 23

I have a 3rd bday cake for family next weekend. She left theme/design/flavor up to me, except to say she did NOT want white cake.

So...what is your most popular/requested cake/filling flavor for kids?

22 replies
apclassicwed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
apclassicwed Posted 29 Jun 2007 , 5:30pm
post #2 of 23

Most popular is yellow cake/ buttercream filling, followed by marbled cake with either bc or chocolate filling. I have found that most children's cakes don't get into alot of different flavors because kids can be so picky (you never know who likes what flavor) and food allergies!

randipanda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
randipanda Posted 29 Jun 2007 , 6:52pm
post #3 of 23

I haven't done alot myself, but from the posts here, and my experience with other's cakes, funfetti is popular with kids.

projectqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
projectqueen Posted 29 Jun 2007 , 6:56pm
post #4 of 23

I second the yellow cake with buttercream filling.

Some kids don't like chocolate (don't understand that, but anyway...)

JulieBee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JulieBee Posted 29 Jun 2007 , 7:02pm
post #5 of 23

In my family EVERYONE (children and adults) wants only chocolate.

Julie

MemphisMom9801 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MemphisMom9801 Posted 29 Jun 2007 , 7:06pm
post #6 of 23

I agree with others.... yellow cake w/buttercream filling & icing. Someone mentioned that some kids don't like chocolate (who doesn't like chocolate!??!?! *heehee*) and I've found that to be true. For those who do, a chocolate cake with cookies & cream filling is good.

Katskakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katskakes Posted 29 Jun 2007 , 7:13pm
post #7 of 23

IMHO - yellow cake and buttercream. funfetti is a definate. I have 16 nieces and nephews in my close family alone. A few of them don't like chocolate at all (yes i know and agree- crazy!)
They do like to lick the icing for the most part so something soft is good.
I also suggest that unless you know everyone very well in the party, not to make anything with nuts. I know that there's other allergies out there, but for the most part a lot of people know that milk, butter, wheat, flour and eggs is used for cakes. icon_wink.gif

Staceface81 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Staceface81 Posted 29 Jun 2007 , 7:14pm
post #8 of 23

I always make Funfetti cake for children.....usually with almond buttercream. I've never had a kid turn it down. icon_smile.gif Heck, I've never had an adult turn it down. Ha!

MrsMom Posted 29 Jun 2007 , 7:24pm
post #9 of 23

Hmmm...funfetti would be considered white cake, huh? She specifically said no white. I could do yellow, though. As of right now I'm still dr'ing mixes (GASP! icon_eek.gif ) and I put butterscotch pudding in it...yummy!

Staceface81 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Staceface81 Posted 29 Jun 2007 , 7:27pm
post #10 of 23

Strange.......I never really considered Funfetti white. icon_smile.gif I guess it would be if you used egg whites, but I use whole eggs in the recipe, so it looks more yellow. You could put food coloring in it and it wouldn't be white then! Ha! icon_smile.gif

bakincakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakincakin Posted 29 Jun 2007 , 7:28pm
post #11 of 23

I agree....yellow cake with buttercream filling. My son is a chocolate hater. I swear to god he was switched at birth. Daughter on the other hand is truly mine. icon_lol.gif

cakebaker1957 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaker1957 Posted 29 Jun 2007 , 7:32pm
post #12 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by MemphisMom9801

I agree with others.... yellow cake w/buttercream filling & icing. Someone mentioned that some kids don't like chocolate (who doesn't like chocolate!??!?! *heehee*) and I've found that to be true. For those who do, a chocolate cake with cookies & cream filling is good.

Can you tell me more about the cookies and creme filling?

dolfin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dolfin Posted 29 Jun 2007 , 7:43pm
post #13 of 23

chocolate fudge cake w/apple pie and caramel filling, covered with choco ganache and drizzled with caramel and nuts.

SILVERCAT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SILVERCAT Posted 29 Jun 2007 , 8:36pm
post #14 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakebaker1957

Quote:
Originally Posted by MemphisMom9801

Can you tell me more about the cookies and creme filling?

I have to agree my most requested fiiling is cookies & Cream you can find it in the recipe secetion here! My second one is cheese cake mousse!

nickymom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nickymom Posted 30 Jun 2007 , 1:13am
post #15 of 23

chocolate fudge and cookies& cream w/ buttercream

BakingGirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakingGirl Posted 30 Jun 2007 , 1:27am
post #16 of 23

Vanilla buttercake with chocolate buttercream filling, or banana cake with Bavarian cream filling, both iced with vanilla buttercream.

klg1152 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
klg1152 Posted 30 Jun 2007 , 1:31am
post #17 of 23

butter cake with chocolate butter cream filing and either regular (if they want color) butter cream or chocolate butter cream.

Kazoot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kazoot Posted 30 Jun 2007 , 1:33am
post #18 of 23

I agree that a funfetti cake is great, but as far as flavor, the mom might consider it a "white" cake. I think yellow with cookies and cream filling. YUMMMM!! If you wanted to make it more fun to look at, color some of the yellow batter and make marble.

Kate714 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kate714 Posted 30 Jun 2007 , 1:33am
post #19 of 23

Most people who order kids cakes from me just want plain yellow and BC filling and frosting. Boring!! but I guess it is a sure bet with most kids.

mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 30 Jun 2007 , 1:41am
post #20 of 23

My kids must be strange, they like white cake with white chocolate ganache filling, chocolate with ganache or nutella, spice or carrot with cream cheese and mousse in anything. They both adore mocha too. My oldest likes me to use german chocolate frosting for filling but his brother gags on coconut so he doesn't get it much. They're 4 and 8.

icingpraises Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingpraises Posted 30 Jun 2007 , 1:44am
post #21 of 23

My last b-day cake was for a little boy who loves the color green. His mom wanted a simple white cake, no filling. I suggested tinting the cake green. She liked the idea and it was a hit with the little one (and the adults too I think icon_biggrin.gif . Iced in good ole bc.

Robin

MemphisMom9801 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MemphisMom9801 Posted 30 Jun 2007 , 1:51am
post #22 of 23

Here is one version of cookies and cream filling that can be found in the recipe section: http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-2330-42-Cookies-and-Cream.html. You could also make it even simpler on yourself and just add crushed Oreos to your regular buttercream. Yum!! icon_smile.gif

MrsMom Posted 30 Jun 2007 , 12:11pm
post #23 of 23

Hmmmmm....maybe I'll go with the butterscotch cake (yellow mix with butterscotch pudding) and cookies-n-cream filling. That will jazz it up a bit.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%