About Heating Core?

Decorating By rajinaren Updated 19 Aug 2006 , 11:22pm by dogluvr

rajinaren Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rajinaren Posted 19 Aug 2006 , 4:37pm
post #1 of 5

Hi, I want to know about heating core. I am going to bake 13*18 2 inch cake. Do i need to use the heating core? I read in a site somebody use flower nail upside down instead. Will that work. How much batter i should use for the cake and how much is the oven temp. Please help.

4 replies
nenufares Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nenufares Posted 19 Aug 2006 , 4:47pm
post #2 of 5

I've never use the nails, but I have a heating core and only use it with huge cakes like that. Cover it with crisco inside and out, put in the middle of pan and fill your pan with batter, pour a little bit of batter inside the core.
For a 12x18 i normally use 2 cake mixes tha is arund 14 cups of batter.
If you are using cake mixes always fill your pans just above the half.
Bake at 325. I always use baking strips around the pan and bake for 45-60 minutes. After 45 minutes in the oven i cover the pan with foil to avoid excess browning.

kjgjam22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjgjam22 Posted 19 Aug 2006 , 4:59pm
post #3 of 5

hi...i have never used the heat core or the nails. but from what i have read here, many people use the nails. they say it works the same. i fill my 12x18 pan the enough batter equivalent to 2 9in round cakes. i dont measure so i dont jave a cup measurement for you. hope i helped.

Phoov Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Phoov Posted 19 Aug 2006 , 5:05pm
post #4 of 5

I don't use a heating core on 12 x 18 and have wonderful results!

dogluvr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dogluvr Posted 19 Aug 2006 , 11:22pm
post #5 of 5

I've done it both ways with and wihtout the core and didn't see a difference with the 12 x 18 cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%