5 Am & I'm Still Up!

Decorating By mrsright41401 Updated 22 Aug 2006 , 4:16pm by 2xMiMi

mrsright41401 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsright41401 Posted 19 Aug 2006 , 12:06pm
post #1 of 10

I'm bipolar and it is finally (for the first time) working to my advantage! I've got a bachelorette cake due this afternoon and I'm using the fact that I don't sleep when I'm manic to finish the cake!

The last elements of the cake are cooling (I forgot to put eggs in the batter the other day so I had to re-do them!) and then I'll carve, spackle, frost, detail, cover in fondant and the do the final touches! YAY!

LOL

What cakes are you all working on this weekend?

Rachel

9 replies
charlieinMO Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
charlieinMO Posted 19 Aug 2006 , 12:52pm
post #2 of 10

Oh man!! I feel for you. I have stayed up once until almost 4:00!! Thought I was going to drop the next day. I hope your cake turns out wonderful!!!! and that you get some sleep!

AngD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AngD Posted 19 Aug 2006 , 1:01pm
post #3 of 10

Yeah I have been there my self till around 4 AM decoarting my son's einstein caterpillar cake with all the drop stars! Hang in there and try and get some rest soon! icon_smile.gif

SweetThistleCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetThistleCakes Posted 19 Aug 2006 , 3:40pm
post #4 of 10

Those all nighters can be the pits! I had a cake 3 weeks ago I started on a Thursday night- went to bed at 1am, got up at 5am, finished it, went to my day job, came back home, packed it up and WHEW I was tired!

I have two cakes I need to bake tomorrow, but besides that, I'm gonna sit here drink my coffee, and enjoy my CC!

AgentCakeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AgentCakeBaker Posted 19 Aug 2006 , 5:18pm
post #5 of 10

This past Tuesday I was up late too working on a chocolate two tiered cake. However, I wasn't up as late as you guys. If I can help it I will prepare as much in advance as possible so I won't have to stay up late. Especially since I work full time during the week.

Phoov Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Phoov Posted 19 Aug 2006 , 5:26pm
post #6 of 10

When I turned 50....I gave up all-nighters for ANY reason! LOLOL I'm working on a cake for a cookout tonite~ picnic style...complete with ants. Don't remember where I got the idea. My ant heads keep falling off. Reinforced with floral wire. This should do it! Now to make the gingham tablecloth......................

paxpuella Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paxpuella Posted 19 Aug 2006 , 11:06pm
post #7 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoov

I'm working on a cake for a cookout tonite~ picnic style...complete with ants. Don't remember where I got the idea. My ant heads keep falling off. Reinforced with floral wire. This should do it! Now to make the gingham tablecloth......................

Oh my gosh, definitely post a picture of this when it is done. It sounds really cute !!!

Aztec9206 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Aztec9206 Posted 19 Aug 2006 , 11:16pm
post #8 of 10

I tend to have sleepless nights also...and I to use them to my advantage!

Post pictures when they are done!!

You go girl!! Keep on baking!!

Cindy

mrsright41401 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsright41401 Posted 20 Aug 2006 , 12:29am
post #9 of 10

Well, it is 5:30 and I just finished posting the pictures after delivering the cake. The reaction from the woman who hired me made it all worth it.

icon_biggrin.gif

I want to do another one!

Rachel

2xMiMi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2xMiMi Posted 22 Aug 2006 , 4:16pm
post #10 of 10

I am like Phoov - I don't do all nighters for any reason. I am new to the decorating world but I know that when I start getting really tired - it is better for me to quit. Whenever I am making something (not paid yet) I try to do a little each night so that the last night I only have to ice and decorate. My decorating skills are still slow so even doing it in stages still takes me a long time.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%