Ex-Partner Causing Major Trouble... (Rant!)

Lounge By 0TNIC Updated 29 Jun 2007 , 9:33pm by CMarie

0TNIC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
0TNIC Posted 28 Jun 2007 , 4:12am
post #1 of 7

OK... I feel kinda icon_redface.gif about this whole situation But ill try and explain the situation to the best i can.

I started seeing this guy in November and things were really going well... He seemed to have a good job, was earning money and seemed to have a really good life, he had told me he had some bad luck with his 2 cars and had blown both the motors in his car so he sold one and the other was getting fixed. I thought man thats pretty stink.
Anyways 3 weeks after we started dating he has spent maybe 2 nights at his house. He has just moved back to his "mums" to help her out with the bills and everything (aww how nice i thought) So anyways he never goes there. And we only had my car. So i loaned it to him a few times for work and to go see his mum. He also had a Daughter who was about 3 months old at this time. So i let him go see her without a worry...
4 weeks after we started dating i started to notice a few things had gone missing... Im not the type of person to loose ANYTHING! and i just couldnt work it out. Then i notice the bf has wads of cash (well ok maybe a couple of hundred) and was like ahh he must have been paid....
Then quite a large item went missing and i questioned him about it (it was sub and amp and speakers for my car) he told me his mate was building me a box for it all. I was like cool but would have been nice to have been asked. 2 days later and nothing... I told him i wanted my stuff back now!!!!!
That night i get a phone call from his ex saying that hes been screwing me over! Im like no way! hes too nice for that!!!!!
Sure enough he had been icon_sad.gif I was in at the police station reporting him taking my stuff and there wasnt alot i would be able to do about it as he was my partner at the time etc... Got home and sure enough my house had been broken into and alot of stuff had gone.

Further on he didnt return my stuff and i ended up getting him charged with theft. He admitted to taking some things but not others. In total he stole about 8grand (NZD) and only had to pay me back 2grand.

So i thought i had finally got rid of him and his mate started txting me about how nice i was and how wrong it was that he has done this to me... Off and on we txt and i was polite but wouldnt meet up with him or anything... I finally told his mate where to go and yesterday morning at 5am i get this txt from the ex abusing me... telling me how i had been harrassing him and his daughters mother and he was at the police station and would be getting me charged.... I replied to him with im sorry you have the wrong person. please leave me alone... well he didnt he kept txting and txting... finally gave up an hour later when i told him to get the police station to give me a call....
Off and on since i got him charged hes been in and out of my life abusing me and i see him in the street on occasion...
So this morning im sitting here at work and i get a phone call from the police (not the station he said he was at which was 8 hours drive away) Saying that i am to stop calling, txting and harrassing this guy! Im like hello!!!! So i ring the officer back and polietly explained the whole situation to him and his txts he had sent me and all the past and everything. The officer then turn around and told me that the ex was in court last week again for various charges and that there was another girl who has theft charges pending on him.
I then later on find out hes ripped 4 people off in the last 3 months.

I am fuming at him at what hes done but i think the bigger part of me feels sorry for him that hes got kids out there and hes stealing off people, lying and just ruining so many peoples lives, He is a big drug user (which he really hid well!) and that he has mental health conditions like schitzophrenia!

I feel like a twit and hes fustrated me so much!
Why are there horrible people out there that do this?!!!!

Sorry about the HUGE long rant, I think i have everything covered.. There is more to the story but only little things like him saying i stole from him and i sit outside his house etc!

6 replies
lardbutt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lardbutt Posted 28 Jun 2007 , 4:25am
post #2 of 7

OH MY GOODNESS! He must be crazy! I'm sorry you got ripped off. I guess you never know what people will do! Don't be discouraged, there are some good guys left out there. Just look carefully! lol

I hope he doesn't bother you anymore!

Ironbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ironbaker Posted 28 Jun 2007 , 4:27am
post #3 of 7

Oh man, I'm sorry you had to go through that and continue to experience his harassment. Don't feel bad or embarrassed. I'm sure almost everyone here has a past relationship they are not too proud of. I know I do. icon_lol.gif You thought you found a new, good person and he turned out not to be. At least you found it out very soon instead of much later. Be thankful you don't share a child with that creep! Poor woman who does.

How do the laws work in New Zealand? Do they really say that they can't do much because he was a "partner"? He doesn't get jail time for the theft charge?

If he continues to mess with you, save the messages just in case. Do you guys have restraining orders? (even though I think they're pretty useless)

Even though situations like these can be hurtful and stressful, there are many lessons to take. Live, learn and move forward knowing better, a bit stronger than you were yesterday.

Don't be too hard on yourself! icon_smile.gif

0TNIC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
0TNIC Posted 28 Jun 2007 , 5:41am
post #4 of 7

Yea i got him charged.. he ended up getting community service and having to pay me back SOME of the value of what he took.

Had he admitted to breaking into my place then he would have gone to jail....
Fingers crossed he goes to jail this time! Hes forever in court and im sure the judges are getting sick of seeing him.

I am glad i never had a kid with him, most of the girls who ended up with kids are pretty stupid and one keeps taking him back evertime. Shes young and hopefully one day she will learn!

The laws over here are pretty slack and it takes ALOT to get a jail term.... For example the Paris Hilton thing.... You would have to have been caught like drunk driving 30 times to spend anytime in jail... over there i guess they are alot more harsh.

Lesson learnt for sure! I will Never fall for that again. maybe am a little 2 cautious now but better to be safe than sorry!

m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 28 Jun 2007 , 2:04pm
post #5 of 7

At least you learned your lesson, some girls never get it.

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 29 Jun 2007 , 3:33am
post #6 of 7

I hope he gets sent away for a while! Sorry this happened to you!

CMarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CMarie Posted 29 Jun 2007 , 9:33pm
post #7 of 7

i was reading this and the first thing i thought was DRUG ADDICT! im sorry that you had to go through that crap! my neighbor broke into my house and stole alot of my stuff, and i felt completly violated, i couldnt imagine someone who is so close to you doing that!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%