~~~Confession Time~~~

Decorating By Steady2Hands Updated 26 Aug 2006 , 3:58am by vww104

ChristaPaloma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChristaPaloma Posted 18 Aug 2006 , 2:07pm
post #61 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by smashcakes

my hubby set up my computer so that when i click on "internet explorer" to connect to the web, cc automatically comes up! saves me those precious seconds. i guess this makes him an enabler

Ha that's funny! ...great idea too lol!

Welcoming jandrmom...aren't sisters great! I only have one but she is an amazing comfort to me just knowing she is there and I love when we have time together...wait a minute...I have lots of sisters in laws too and they're great too...and there's my friends...oh, and all the cake addicts here..wow...I'm really blessed with sisters icon_biggrin.gif

Steady2Hands Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Steady2Hands Posted 18 Aug 2006 , 3:04pm
post #62 of 76

jandrmom ~ aren't sisters great!? ...and... congratulations on your 1st post!
mgdqueen ~ I just looked and so far there have been 1,160 lookers & lurkers on this thread. icon_biggrin.gif. Just think of how many people are starting and/or ending their day with a great laugh from all our funny CC sisters.

smashcakes ~ I set my homepage to CC yesterday. Last night I told my DH, "let me show you what I did. It's so cool". I clicked off the internet & then right back on, and there was CC. He said, "oh no". I just laughed. icon_biggrin.gif

PennySue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PennySue Posted 18 Aug 2006 , 7:28pm
post #63 of 76

Make CC my home page...hummmm..I like that!

Pootchi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pootchi Posted 18 Aug 2006 , 7:48pm
post #64 of 76

Hi, My name is Lorris (aka Pootchi) and I'm an addict
Well actually, I have a home based cake decorating business, so it counts as work right? icon_confused.gif I need to learn new tricks and tips, I need to have more ideas, and comments so I can improve, I NEED CC!!!!

ok, my chores aren't done as often as I would like, I don't let the kids play on the computer, and I can't wait for them to go back to school so I get my entire days with CC. But that's not enough to call this a problem?!? icon_surprised.gif ok ok I'm really addicted but I like it!!!

But hubby is understanding, he even finds new things for me to use. Now we both look at paper towels at the supermarket and check if I already have the pattern icon_lol.gif you should see us!!!!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

SweetBellina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetBellina Posted 18 Aug 2006 , 7:56pm
post #65 of 76

my name is marj and i've been a cc addict since april of this year..i admitted to myself i am an addict when my husband asked me last night how come i "HAVE" to go straight to the computer everytime after we go out...i guess he thinks i am having an affair with cakecentral because of the time i spend here! icon_lol.gif ..but he was right..everytime we go out or i go out, the first thing i do is check cc if there is anything new... icon_rolleyes.gif ...so yeah, i am an addict! there's nothing anybody can do.. icon_lol.gif

pilesoflaundry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pilesoflaundry Posted 18 Aug 2006 , 11:35pm
post #66 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphoriabakery

I guess they finally figured out that I get sucked into CC and can't get up for hours!

I have the opposite problem, my 4 year old is always whining "look at cakes with me mom" (the galleries here) and I don't get much time to check the boards or anything else on the computer for that matter. Most of the time I don't mind but once in awhile I would like to check my email LOL!

My dh is tired of listening to both of us talk about cakes, I'm obsessing about my soon to be 3 year old's birthday next month. He isn't as into at I am. He likes to eat cake but he doesn't want to hear about it.

Danni Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Danni Posted 19 Aug 2006 , 12:08am
post #67 of 76

I have been lurking on this site for a long time and just recently started posting. I am addict as well and I am in fact eating dinner as I type this. I look at work, and yes when my 3 kids (ages 5 in Sept, just turned 3 and 20 months) are around and they see were I am at, they want to look at the cake pictures. They like to pick out cakes they think I should make.

Steady2Hands Posted 20 Aug 2006 , 4:35am
post #68 of 76

Hey Danni ~ I admire you for decorating cakes with 3 very small chidren at home! Glad you decided to start posting too! We all have a lot to learn from each other and share with each other.

Danni Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Danni Posted 20 Aug 2006 , 12:51pm
post #69 of 76

I could not agree more. I love this site, it has endless information, and if you cannot find your answer just ask, someone will answer it.

Gingoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gingoodies Posted 24 Aug 2006 , 1:31pm
post #70 of 76

icon_biggrin.gificon_surprised.gificon_confused.gif I am taking this opportunity to confess that I too am a CC addict.

Actually today (8/24) is the second anniversary of my addiction. icon_rolleyes.gif

Rock on CAKE CENTRAL!! thumbs_up.gifparty.gificon_lol.gif

Cake_Mooma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Mooma Posted 25 Aug 2006 , 7:23am
post #71 of 76

Hello My name is Beashorty32 (vicky) and I am an addict. lolol.

I think it is funny that I am not the only one that gets other people addicted to the site. I have an 11 year old that now wants to go take the Wilton class 1 in October, because she wants to post her cakes too when she makes them. A future CC addict, (in training). SHe loves to look at cakes and read post on how to make things and decorating ideas. Then I have my younger sis who doesn't even boil water because she might burn it, go on CC and look at cakes just for the heck of it. So I guess I am one of those addicts that takes them down with me when I fall. At least this is a great place to fall.

Welcome all newbies!!!! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

Walking for Diabetes Sept 17, 2006!!! Every dollar counts!!!!

Vic

Steady2Hands Posted 26 Aug 2006 , 2:51am
post #72 of 76

You'll never believe this!
~~~
I was in church Sunday and the preacher began his sermon with ADDICTIONS icon_surprised.gificon_eek.gificon_redface.gificon_redface.gificon_redface.gif !
I elbowed my husband and whispered, "he's talking about my cake addiction"! Later that evening at the evening service I was telling his wife about the whole thing. She said she questioned him after the morning service and asked him if he even knew where he was going with that sermon. Then she said to me, "I guess the whole thing was meant for you." icon_lol.gif I said, "it sure was"! thumbs_up.gif

facepainter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
facepainter Posted 26 Aug 2006 , 3:03am
post #73 of 76

I confess that I am also an addict.. My husband came in the other night and asked where it was in our contract that said I could not come to bed until after he was asleep? This has become a problem since I found CC. I am on all the time. icon_smile.gif

Twins5485 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Twins5485 Posted 26 Aug 2006 , 3:06am
post #74 of 76

~~ Confessions ~~~ I have a Secret! icon_redface.gif

Boy do I have one! I almost feel like the little girl on the Secret commercial telling her mom that she got her first kiss playing spin the bottle... icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

I work from home for our area hospital in the town I live in and I spend more of my 8 hours on CC than I do working ... My plan in the morning when I get up is to get ahead as much as I can so I can spend more time looking and reading on the site... icon_biggrin.gif I look at it like this- I always meet my quota for the day and more... What more can I do.. icon_lol.gif

Anyway- I love this site! I think we need a moderator that is a Therapist also, cause we all will need help sooner or later.. thumbs_up.gif

Enjoying?--- I am! icon_biggrin.gif

Cassandra

frosting111 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
frosting111 Posted 26 Aug 2006 , 3:47am
post #75 of 76

My hubby is now officially a CC widower...I'm hooked on CC big time...I've been sitting here now for about 4 hours reading forums and looking threw the gallery's...I do this every single day now! I'm up late at night on here and if I cant sleep I come back to see what's going on on the forums and see the new cake pictures coming in....if there's a twelve step program for CC addiction I don't wanna know it..I'd go into complete denial anyway..Tee Hee icon_smile.gif

vww104 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vww104 Posted 26 Aug 2006 , 3:58am
post #76 of 76

I remember watching an Oprah episode about suburban housewives who drink too much, and the counselor at the time (I believe it was Dr. Robin) said that once you place rules around a certain behavior you definitely have a problem (For example one of the women said that she only lets herself drink once after noon, and then again after 5pm or only when the kids were not around etc.)

Well based on that my name is Von and I'm a CC addict. I tell myself that I can only go on in the evening, and only for a certain amount of time, I let my son play computer games only so the computer is monopolized and I can't get on. My house is a mess, and my kids had Wendy's for dinner, but I read just about every forum here this evening! I'm supposed to be watching a movie w/DH right now but I'm on the computer!!!!

Is there any help for me?? Oh well, at least there's comfort in knowing I'm not the only one!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%