Winnie The Pooh Face Cake

Decorating By jdlbab Updated 16 Jun 2005 , 8:17pm by cakelady1994

jdlbab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jdlbab Posted 15 Jun 2005 , 3:55pm
post #1 of 6

Help! My daughters first birthday is in one week and I have this winnie the pooh face cake pan and i dont even know where to begin in decorating it i can bake but decorating is a whole different story. Can someone pleace help me get a clue! icon_lol.gif

5 replies
traci Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traci Posted 15 Jun 2005 , 4:21pm
post #2 of 6

Hi. I have the same cake pan and it should not be too difficult. You will need to make buttercream icing so your decorations will hold their shape. You will need disposable decorating bags, couplers, and tips. The insert in the cake pan will tell you what size tips to use. Also you will need icing paste. There should be pooh icing colors at Michaels. Actually, you can get all your supplies at Michaels. Another good idea would be to pick up a copy of the Wilton cake decorating yearbook. There are great tutorials in it! Good luck!
traci icon_razz.gif

Calejo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Calejo Posted 15 Jun 2005 , 6:07pm
post #3 of 6

You could just use tip 16 (a star tip) all over your cake using the picture as a guide as to which colors go where. First of all, you want to outline the areas with the correct colors and then fill them in with the stars. If you are looking to make the whites of the eyes smooth, you can just fill in that area with tip 3 (writing/open tip) and then touch it to smooth it with a finger dipped in corn starch. All the directions should come with your pan.

jdlbab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jdlbab Posted 16 Jun 2005 , 3:43pm
post #4 of 6

thank u for the help

magentaa23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
magentaa23 Posted 16 Jun 2005 , 3:53pm
post #5 of 6

if its the same winnie pan i have... it was a pain to decorate... it was just tricky doin the face... and i also did the star tip decorating.. thats what the customer wanted

cakelady1994 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakelady1994 Posted 16 Jun 2005 , 8:17pm
post #6 of 6

i also have this pan.i don't think it will be that hard for you to make after you get your frosting colored just out line the eyes ,nose .then use the star tip to fill the rest of the head.check out the one i made in my photos under zack 1st birthday .hope this helps

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%