Fondant Or Buttercream........which Is More Requested??

Decorating By MomLittr Updated 17 Aug 2006 , 11:07am by IHATEFONDANT

MomLittr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MomLittr Posted 16 Aug 2006 , 5:31pm
post #1 of 6

After seeing the Bobby Flay Wedding Cake Throwdown show, it got me thinking.............for those of you who have done wedding cakes, which is the preferred look........the perfection of fondant or the home-made appeal of a good buttercream cake?

deb

5 replies
SweetThistleCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetThistleCakes Posted 16 Aug 2006 , 6:51pm
post #2 of 6

Fondatn from my experiences, because they want that "sleek, smooth" look all uniformed.

Aztec9206 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Aztec9206 Posted 16 Aug 2006 , 7:02pm
post #3 of 6

BC...I do believe....BUT I think it depends on the cake occasion....weddings - fondant, everything else - BC

Keep on baking!! thumbs_up.gif

Cindy

cupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcake Posted 17 Aug 2006 , 8:43am
post #4 of 6

Buttercream. I have found that although alot of the brides like the look of fondant often it is a money issue on paying the extra.

MikeRowesHunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MikeRowesHunny Posted 17 Aug 2006 , 8:50am
post #5 of 6

For weddings, I would prefer to work with fondant (in fact I'd prefer to work with fondant full stop!), and the cost doesn't seem to matter as much for weddings. For other cakes, buttercream is often chosen as the fondant bumps the price up for a party cake, and most people don't want to pay for it, no matter how beautiful it looks!

IHATEFONDANT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
IHATEFONDANT Posted 17 Aug 2006 , 11:07am
post #6 of 6

Buttercream..thankfully!!!! icon_twisted.gif ....many brides specifically tell me they don't want that thick nasty tasting stuff they have had on other wedding cakes.
icon_confused.gif

Makes me wonder just what kind of fondant places are using.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%