Pan Grease?

Decorating By barbydoll8 Updated 27 Jun 2007 , 3:51pm by barbydoll8

barbydoll8 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
barbydoll8 Posted 27 Jun 2007 , 1:22am
post #1 of 8

I'm looking for a recipe for pan grease. I searched the recipe area but couldn't find it. If anyone has a good one, can you please email it to me?

[email protected]

I'm tired of buying pam w/ flour. lol

Barby

7 replies
bisbqueenb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bisbqueenb Posted 27 Jun 2007 , 1:29am
post #2 of 8

I use 1 cup each...
Crisco, oil and flour
mixed together and I use either a pastry brush or "plastic bag" [ usually an empty cake mix bag! ] to spread it in to the pan. I store it in the 'empty' Crisco can right on the counter.

miriel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miriel Posted 27 Jun 2007 , 1:30am
post #3 of 8

Here's a thread with a different recipes for pan grease: http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-87411-pan.html+grease+recipe

jarjarmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jarjarmom Posted 27 Jun 2007 , 1:39am
post #4 of 8

I also use the oil,crisco and flour mixture. This is especially good when making 3D cakes or character pans that have a lot of crevices. Another option would be Wiltons Easy Release. (They sell it at Michaels)

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 27 Jun 2007 , 2:01am
post #5 of 8

I use equal amounts of Flour, Veg oil, and Shortening. I have made as little as 1/8 cup of each and up to 2cups each, it all depends on how much I plan on using it. But it doesn't go bad. I keep mine in the fridge b/c my house doesn't get very cool during the summer, but you don't have to.

Brush on with a pastry brush and it works great! I have started using this in all of my cooking (for caseroles, skillets, etc..)

ladybuglau Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladybuglau Posted 27 Jun 2007 , 2:09am
post #6 of 8

the flour oil crisco mix works great, my cakes won't even think about sticking to the pan, even the fancy bundt molds that have all the little crevices, nothing will stick. Just make sure you remove the cakes from the pans while they're still warm, because for some reason they'll stick if they cool too much

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 27 Jun 2007 , 2:21am
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybuglau

Just make sure you remove the cakes from the pans while they're still warm, because for some reason they'll stick if they cool too much

Yes you should only let your cakes cool in the pan for 10-15 mins to firm up a bit. If you let them cool in the pan then the grease/flour harden and create something like a glue and holds your cake in and can be a pain to get out.

barbydoll8 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
barbydoll8 Posted 27 Jun 2007 , 3:51pm
post #8 of 8

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!! This will be much easier on my budget.

Barby icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%