Need Idea For Cake For Plumber

Decorating By pattyb Updated 16 Aug 2006 , 11:23pm by CakeDiva73

pattyb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattyb Posted 16 Aug 2006 , 12:26am
post #1 of 17

I am at a loss. I need an idea for a plumber cake. It only has to feed a small family, 4 - 6 people. Any ideas?

16 replies
kpetcov Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brightbrats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brightbrats Posted 16 Aug 2006 , 12:33am
post #3 of 17

How about a plunger ?

I saw one on here somewhere and thought it was a neat idea.

born2bake4u Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
born2bake4u Posted 16 Aug 2006 , 12:36am
post #4 of 17

a toilet seat would be funny or how about a pipe wrench. that would be good too. or you could do a pair of jeans with the plumbers you know hanging out. that would be funny too. just some suggestions. not sure what your type of humor is.

pattyb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattyb Posted 16 Aug 2006 , 12:40am
post #5 of 17

Thanks for the suggestions. The plunger is hilarious.
This is my first time here and I will use it again.
Thank you all.

Sweetpeeps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweetpeeps Posted 16 Aug 2006 , 12:41am
post #6 of 17

I'm going to have to agree with born2bake4u. I think the plumbers notorious hind quarters should be on the cake....if the family has a good sense of humor and wouldn't be offended...otherwise maybe stick with the tools

jscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jscakes Posted 16 Aug 2006 , 12:43am
post #7 of 17

I agree, a plumber's crack would be great!

SLK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SLK Posted 16 Aug 2006 , 12:47am
post #8 of 17

how about a toilet? Here is one I did. You don't have to put it on a large sheet cake - so it could serve less.
LL

atkin600 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
atkin600 Posted 16 Aug 2006 , 12:52am
post #9 of 17

I'd love to see a cake showing his quarter slot!

born2bake4u Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
born2bake4u Posted 16 Aug 2006 , 12:55am
post #10 of 17

love the toilet seat. i will have to use it for my hubbies 50th, in a couple of years.

msauer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msauer Posted 16 Aug 2006 , 3:35am
post #11 of 17

OMG!!! SLK- What a realistic cake!!!

You know how people get upset that no one will cut the cake? I bet no one was screaming to have their piece that day!! Totally awesome!!!

My DH just walked by the computer and said, "EEEWWWWWW"!!! Ha Ha! Again, great cake.

-Michelle

SLK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SLK Posted 16 Aug 2006 , 2:38pm
post #12 of 17

Thanks msauer. The kids couldn't wait to cut into it - the adults on the other hand were a bit more hesitant.

CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 16 Aug 2006 , 6:49pm
post #13 of 17

How about a cake in the shape of that drain? The one that all my kids stuff gets stuck in icon_lol.gif

LittleLinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleLinda Posted 16 Aug 2006 , 11:09pm
post #14 of 17

I did one a couple of weeks ago; but the photos are not developed yet. I drew an old fashioned drain with the drain stopper and chain in the background. I drew a guy in the drain hanging on to the edges (basically a guy from the armpits-up) And I took a picture of the actual guy the cake was for and resized it and copied it on my computer, cut out his head and laminated it. I put his head on the body. I wrote something like "It's all down the drain after 50". I also drew blue lines and swirls to look like water going dow the drain with him.

wendysue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wendysue Posted 16 Aug 2006 , 11:18pm
post #15 of 17

That cake is both a bit gross and clever at the same time. I like it in a troubling kind of way! I'm really hoping no one ever asks me to make a cake like that! I do appreciate the talent it takes though. icon_rolleyes.gif

bkdcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bkdcakes Posted 16 Aug 2006 , 11:19pm
post #16 of 17

As a plumber's daughter & granddaughter, I can say that all those cake ideas are good. The plunger is cute, probably the easiest. The toilet one is priceless! My dad would have loved that...

Have fun!

CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 16 Aug 2006 , 11:23pm
post #17 of 17

OMG, is that yellow and brown in the drain? I totally missed that the first time!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%