Toy Story's Woody Cake Ideas Needed Please

Decorating By Katskakes Updated 16 Aug 2006 , 5:27pm by bodaisy

Katskakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katskakes Posted 15 Aug 2006 , 7:42pm
post #1 of 8

Hi All,

Me again looking for ideas. I have 4 cakes coming up on 8/26, all for nieces and nephew. I'm doing cheerleader, princess, pool or smiley face and Woody. I have searched here for Woody Cakes but don't get anything. i search a bit on children's bday cakes, nothing. I've did a google search...nothing. I want simple. no xfers or anything too complicated. i was thinking of doing a sheet cake and maybe buying some toys to put on top. how do i decorate the cake? any ideas?

thank you all. i appreciate all the help i get from everyone here.

Kat

7 replies
tabs8774 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tabs8774 Posted 15 Aug 2006 , 11:48pm
post #2 of 8

if you have a man pan or can cut out a man shape you could easily put his shirt and pants onhim with the vest cow patterned use a small plastic hat (party favors) and cut it in half to put on his head. i made one along tima ago and forgot to take a picture!! icon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gif

of course the lady i did it for also forgot to take one !!!! icon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gif

ashlymomx2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ashlymomx2 Posted 16 Aug 2006 , 12:00am
post #3 of 8

A fbct would have been cute, but if you don't want to do that...I would look for toys at a store. OR maybe check out a grocery store bakery and see if you can buy the figurines for the cake...I can get a woody set here for $6 and it is way cute with woody...it looks really cowboy-ish. Post a pic when you do whatever you decide on.

brightbrats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brightbrats Posted 16 Aug 2006 , 12:07am
post #4 of 8

Might not be what you are looking for , but I ran across these for you.

http://www.coolest-birthday-cakes.com/toy-story.html

littlemissmuffin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlemissmuffin Posted 16 Aug 2006 , 1:07am
post #5 of 8

well if you can make a fondant Woody, that would be cool to sit on top of the cake.

BeckySue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BeckySue Posted 16 Aug 2006 , 1:37am
post #6 of 8
Katskakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katskakes Posted 16 Aug 2006 , 2:43pm
post #7 of 8

thanks BeckySue.
I have no idea why my search wouldn't work. I tried a few times too.
This has been hapenning to me lately. anyway, i see a few things i like.
I'm leaving it up to my SIL to buy any toys. I'm just going to do the sheet cake and decorate it.
Yesterday i started thinking. maybe i can do decorate the borders brown like if it's a fence and add some green grass on the bottom.
I would like to do a bct but i don't have much time. between work, commute and kids.
thanks all for the help and suggestions.

bodaisy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bodaisy Posted 16 Aug 2006 , 5:27pm
post #8 of 8

i have a woody cake in my gallery, the toys came from the bakery at wal-mart.. your more than welcome to use the idea if you like..

bo

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%