Need Advice On Future "job Interview"

Lounge By Naty Updated 30 Jun 2007 , 5:53am by mariecar6

Naty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Naty Posted 26 Jun 2007 , 4:53pm
post #1 of 5

Hi everyone. I need some advice. I plan on transfering to a position in another county (will be moving there some time in the Fall). My supervisor now suggested I contact the supervisor at the new location to see if he has any future openings for that time, so he can keep me in mind. I would like to meet with him in person. He knows me from meetings but that is about it. When I call to set up the appointment, what do I say? I know that saying "I am looking for a job" is tacky, but I want him to have an idea. How do I ask so it sounds professional?

Any ideas?

Sorry if this is a dumb question but I haven't been on a job "interview" in 18 years!

Thanks,
Naty

4 replies
mariecar6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mariecar6 Posted 28 Jun 2007 , 4:55am
post #2 of 5

Hi, Naty! This response is coming from someone who's been a SAHM for precisely 18 yrs. now!

First, I thought that when a person requested a transfer, there were people in the office who took care of that.
But, since you have to "do it yourself", tell the supervisor that you're needing a transfer and would like to know if there are any positions available for you. Very simple! I wish you the best of luck.

Marie

breelaura Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
breelaura Posted 28 Jun 2007 , 1:48pm
post #3 of 5

I'd definitely say that ____, my current supervisor, suggested that I contact you regarding potential employment since he/she knows that I will be relocating to your area soon or similar. That way the potential new boss has some idea of why you're looking for a job, and can later call your current boss without worrying about getting you in trouble.

Naty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Naty Posted 29 Jun 2007 , 6:42am
post #4 of 5

Thank you guys!!! I was giving up hope thinking no one would reply to me. You both gave me some great ideas!!! I will call him today and let you know what he said.

Really appreciate it!

Thanks,
Naty

mariecar6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mariecar6 Posted 30 Jun 2007 , 5:53am
post #5 of 5

Good luck!
Marie

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%