"cake For The Angels"

Baking By KK Updated 25 Dec 2004 , 11:21pm by KK

KK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KK Posted 25 Dec 2004 , 4:24pm
post #1 of 3

Is anyone familiar with this cake? It's not an angel-food cake. Someone brought it over when my mom passed away 17 yrs. ago, and I lost the recipe. It was a white, one-layer sheet cake with white frosting, coconut, and cherries on top, all lined up. Hopefully someone's heard of it. The person who brought it (someone I didn't know) said it was called 'Cake for the Angels' and is apparently something brought over to a grieving family. Thanks for any help you may have for me.

2 replies
GHOST_USER_NAME Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GHOST_USER_NAME Posted 25 Dec 2004 , 7:55pm
post #2 of 3

A lot of times food is regional or the names of food is regional. What area was this or, more importantly, what area was the person who provided the cake from?

KK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KK Posted 25 Dec 2004 , 11:21pm
post #3 of 3

Well, the funeral was in her WNY hometown of Lockport, NY, which is outside of Buffalo, NY. I hope this helps. I don't recall who the person was who brought the cake, it was most likely made by an aunt or one of her relatives. I have moved several times since then, and once in a while during one of the many moves I'd find the recipe and always say I was going to put it in my loose files. . . famous last words. Thanks for any info you may find.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%