Don't Normally Ask For This ..

Lounge By TheCakerator Updated 26 Jun 2007 , 9:58pm by TheCakerator

TheCakerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakerator Posted 26 Jun 2007 , 2:09pm
post #1 of 6

But our family could use some prayers right now ... Earlier this spring I lost my grandpa .. he was pretty ill towards the end and even though it was hard to let him go it was harder to see him so sick .. I am 27 years old and still up to that point had all four of my grandparents .. yesterday my mom was informed that her dad who has been in a nursing home since his stroke in 2002 has a major obstruction in his upper stomache and that he needed to be taken to the hospital ... so up to the hospital he went where he was even more confused and agitated then normal .. today we were informed that he should have surgery to remove this blockage however it will be a major surgery and there is a great chance he will not come through at his age ... BUT if he does not have surgery he will die regardless due to the blockage ... It was very hard on the whole family to lose a dad, a grandpa and a husband earlier this spring but for us to go through it again so quickly wil be just as hard ... we will take any prayers we can get ... thank you ...

5 replies
gailsgoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gailsgoodies Posted 26 Jun 2007 , 2:30pm
post #2 of 6

You poor thing! This is such a difficult thing to deal with, you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers...

{{{{HUGS}}}}

Gail

marksmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marksmom Posted 26 Jun 2007 , 2:31pm
post #3 of 6

You have mine. Be strong. Live throws LOTS at us. I hope everything goes well.
Gina

Steady2Hands Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Steady2Hands Posted 26 Jun 2007 , 2:41pm
post #4 of 6

May God grant you and your family strength during this time.
{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}

momg9 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momg9 Posted 26 Jun 2007 , 4:08pm
post #5 of 6

I'll be praying for you.

Isa 59:1 Behold, Jehovah's hand is not shortened, that it cannot save; neither his ear heavy, that it cannot hear:

TheCakerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakerator Posted 26 Jun 2007 , 9:58pm
post #6 of 6

thank you .. each one of your prayers helped! The doctor told us that surgery went very well as for what could be expected ... since it was an explorative surgery they were not sure what they were looking for and ended up finding that he has a very small hernia which they do not believe caused the blockage but that his colon was very very enlarged and they had to end up removing it and performing a colonoscopy (?) it is where he will now have a bag attached to him on the outside .. however due to his age (87) and his already complicated health status, kidney failure, respiratory problems, this is the most crucial time for him because he could develop blood clots and infection ... thank you again for taking the time to think about my family!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%