Really Need A Scatch Cookies And Cream Cake Recipe!!

Decorating By imaginecakes Updated 28 Jun 2007 , 2:18pm by randipanda

imaginecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imaginecakes Posted 26 Jun 2007 , 1:08pm
post #1 of 7

Do anyone have a good one they are willing to share? icon_biggrin.gif

6 replies
beccakelly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beccakelly Posted 26 Jun 2007 , 1:55pm
post #2 of 7

sounds delish! i've never made one, but im thinking you could just bake your regular white cake, stir in crushed oreos at the end, then make a "cream" icing and filling. maybe a vanilla mousse, that would be good! maybe someone will have an actual recipe for one, but i've never seen one. thumbs_up.gif

randipanda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
randipanda Posted 26 Jun 2007 , 2:26pm
post #3 of 7

I guess it depends on what you mean by scratch. I would try to find a recipe that you could add the jello cookies and cream pudding to. I found a link to a pistachio cake you make that way. It might give you a start:

http://www.recipezaar.com/25842

beccakelly Posted 26 Jun 2007 , 2:31pm
post #4 of 7

oh, thats a great idea! i make a strawberry cake by making my scratch white cake, add strawberry jello box, and some flavoring. works great. i would try the same thing, but with an oreo pudding box. im excited about this idea! i think i'll give it a try myself this week!

randipanda Posted 26 Jun 2007 , 2:39pm
post #5 of 7

Let me know how it turns out! I need to work on my scratch baking. I haven't been impressed with how any of my box cakes are turning out...they are still just boxed cakes no matter what I do! (Not to put them down, they are wonderful for when I need something quick).

beccakelly Posted 28 Jun 2007 , 3:28am
post #6 of 7

well, i did it! and it was awesome! this is a new fav for me. i just added a whole box of oreo pudding mix (i think 4.5 oz) to the sylvia weinstock yellow cake recipe. both my DH and i just loved it. i did it with a simple vanilla BC, but i bet it would be really good with a choc bc too. you should go for it!

randipanda Posted 28 Jun 2007 , 2:18pm
post #7 of 7

Thanks! I definately will. Now I just need to find a cake recipe to start with. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%