Anyone A Mirena Or Nuvaring User???

Lounge By peacockplace Updated 28 Jun 2007 , 9:13pm by abslu

peacockplace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peacockplace Posted 26 Jun 2007 , 1:02pm
post #1 of 16

I have to make a decision by tomorrow. Just wondering if any of you have either one and love or hate it and why.

15 replies
susanmm23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susanmm23 Posted 26 Jun 2007 , 2:15pm
post #2 of 16

im a mirena user. i love it. best decision ever. with in 2 months my periods stopped. only about 2 to 3 times a year do i have spotting. once its in i dont have to really worry about it. no pills every day and its good fro 5 years.

shelbur10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelbur10 Posted 26 Jun 2007 , 5:10pm
post #3 of 16

I'm a mirena user, too. I've had it for almost a year and I can't believe I didn't get it sooner. My periods also stopped within a couple of months of getting it. I have a day or two of spotting every three months or so. I NEVER have to think about birth control. It's WONDERFUL, I can't say enough about it.
And my insurance company covered it, but if yours doesn't, the company has a very reasonable payment plan available.
It's effective immediately, good for five years, but if you decide to have it removed before then, you can get pregnant immediately. (according to my dr.)

pish Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pish Posted 26 Jun 2007 , 6:54pm
post #4 of 16

I also use mirena. Best thing ever! I've had only 2-3 periods in 2 plus years, very low upkeep ( icon_lol.gif ) and the friend I had using it got pregnant 7 months after having it removed. Good luck with your decision!

CakesByEllen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByEllen Posted 26 Jun 2007 , 7:09pm
post #5 of 16

Another vote for Mirena. I don't even think about it anymore. My periods are a few days every once in a while, and usually light enough to only use panty liners. Best thing I ever did. Expensive as my stupid insurance wouldn't pay for it. But even at that, totally worth it. Go for it!

peacockplace Posted 26 Jun 2007 , 11:24pm
post #6 of 16

Thank you all. I've been thinking about it a lot. I read some horror stories on the internet, so I wanted to come ask you you guys. Thank you for your input!

pish Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pish Posted 27 Jun 2007 , 12:24am
post #7 of 16

You know peacockplace, doctor's LOVE it when patient's go online icon_wink.gif ...you can ask my DH doctor. So far he has "self diagnosed" himself with MS, a brain tumor, skin cancer, ADHD, etc., etc. with information he has found on the internet icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif I'm surprised she still takes his calls icon_rolleyes.gif . Hope you make the best choice for YOU

Leahw207 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Leahw207 Posted 27 Jun 2007 , 12:24am
post #8 of 16

I too have been thinking about getting the Mirena. I would love to know more about anyone's personal experiences with Mirena such as side effects good or bad. I too have read some pretty scary stories on the net. Thanks in advance!

Leah

nmrunyon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nmrunyon Posted 27 Jun 2007 , 12:38am
post #9 of 16

Ok just as background, I am a ob nurse. In the last month I have had 2 patients that have become pregnant on nuvaring. One was pregnant with twins!!!. Just a fyi

peacockplace Posted 27 Jun 2007 , 1:20am
post #10 of 16

Just wondering... did they follow directions like usa a back up for the frst seven days and stuff like that?

nmrunyon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nmrunyon Posted 27 Jun 2007 , 1:39am
post #11 of 16

We didn't get into the whole background about if they followed the directions properly etc. it was a bit late at that point lol. I just thought I would post the events that I have seen.

mhill91801 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mhill91801 Posted 27 Jun 2007 , 5:26am
post #12 of 16

Mirena user! Love it! My SIL had it a few years before I did, and she had really bad cramps and had to have it removed. I've had mine for 3 years and it was the best thing I did. I had slight cramping for a couple days after, but nothing I couldn't tolerate. After that, I don't even know it's there. My periods stopped a few months after I got it, and I don't even have spotting anymore. NOTHING! Nothing to worry about every month, or week, or day or whatever other method you chose.

mommapaul3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommapaul3 Posted 27 Jun 2007 , 7:13pm
post #13 of 16

I love the Mirena too. No periods (except spotting every few months - and a pantyliner is all I need) and you don't have to think or worry about it. I haven't had any side effects at all. My one complaint is that the strings weren't trimmed up enough and really bothered me the first few days and sometimes DH can feel them. I haven't gotten around to getting them trimmed some more, though.

-Tubbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-Tubbs Posted 28 Jun 2007 , 1:04am
post #14 of 16

Another vote for Mirena. This is my second one. I had the first one removed because we wanted another baby and I was pregnant within a month (we are very fertile!!lol).
I agree with what everyone else has said about it. No problems, no periods and no stress. Also, better sex because we're both relaxed (ok, probably too much info.!!)

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 28 Jun 2007 , 3:12pm
post #15 of 16

Probably too late but I would say the Marina!!!!!!
I almost died on the nuvaring. I had it in for less than 24 hours too. I'm severly allergic to it. It burned the inside of me and the skin it touched on the outside. I became delerious and lost my vision within a few hours, could barely talk and fell to the floor unable to move. All why my kids were asking what was wrong. My DH came home to find me and rushed me to the ER. I guess this probably hasn't happened to many people, but I'm scared for people to be on it after my experience.

abslu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
abslu Posted 28 Jun 2007 , 9:13pm
post #16 of 16

I've been on the NuvaRing for about 4 years now. I LOVE it! It's SO easy and I haven't had a problem w/ spotting or anything. We did use backup when I had to go on anti-biotics (kidney infection YUCK!) But no complaints from me!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%