I Am Addicted To All Of You!!

Decorating By justfrosting Updated 17 Aug 2006 , 6:57am by cupcake

justfrosting Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justfrosting Posted 15 Aug 2006 , 12:33am
post #1 of 31

I have to say that I have never made a cake in my life--I accidently happened across this website and am completely addicted!

My daughter keeps asking "Mom, are you STILL looking at pictures of cakes?"

I have been...for about 3 weeks. Your talent astounds me and is ruining my diet.

30 replies
Samsgranny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Samsgranny Posted 15 Aug 2006 , 12:35am
post #2 of 31

Hi there, just wanted to welcome you to your new addiction but I think you have already figured that out thumbs_up.gif

cakes47 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes47 Posted 15 Aug 2006 , 12:38am
post #3 of 31

A "BIG WELCOME" to you!!!
Take the plunge and do a cake!! You'll love it and you'll be surprised at what nice work you can do.

Wilton offers inexpensive courses at Michaels, A.C. Moore and many other places. I'm sure if you say where abouts you are from, you'll get many replies letting you know what is available in your area.

I don't know the age of your daughter, but if old enough, she can even help and learn right along with you!!!

jtkempton Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jtkempton Posted 15 Aug 2006 , 12:45am
post #4 of 31

I have decorated cakes for a while but thought I would learn the proper way so I took the classes. I am now addicted to this website too. Good luck to you. thumbs_up.gif

NEWTODECORATING Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NEWTODECORATING Posted 15 Aug 2006 , 12:45am
post #5 of 31

Just stopping in to say hello and welcome!

arosstx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
arosstx Posted 15 Aug 2006 , 12:55am
post #6 of 31

I'm still new, and still addicted...will it ever stop?

Saying 'howdy' - and go make a cake! icon_smile.gif

kristingeorge Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kristingeorge Posted 15 Aug 2006 , 12:58am
post #7 of 31

So where are you from??? icon_lol.gif We are all community and if you haven't made your first cake yet... Get up away from the desk and make your first one... You will fall in love... WE ALL HAVE!!!!

and you know what... If you are married... I started doing this a year ago and everyday it amazes me that my DH icon_biggrin.gif has grown to enjoy making creations with me... If you look in my gallery the TRUCK tippling over is all him... He designed it all, all I did was make the cake(the easiest part)... He made it stay... We rock as a team icon_redface.gif ... So you never know what will happen when you start your first cake!!!!

Good Luck and if you need help... Always Ask...

Kakes by Kristin in Alaska

AngD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AngD Posted 15 Aug 2006 , 1:06am
post #8 of 31

I have definatley succumbed to this site, I am on here all the time for ideas. I just do this for the fun and am definatley an amateur. all these ideas are so great, and help. icon_biggrin.gif

coffeecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
coffeecake Posted 15 Aug 2006 , 1:08am
post #9 of 31

Welcome to the community and your first posting ! I join in the encouragement to turn on that oven and give things a try - with a daughter, there is always an excuse for a cake or cookies.

4kids Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
4kids Posted 15 Aug 2006 , 1:13am
post #10 of 31

Welcome to the site. You'll love it here!

sugarspice Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarspice Posted 15 Aug 2006 , 1:18am
post #11 of 31

Welcome!! This is a great place for learning, and getting help! I am completely addicted and will spend a couple hrs a night happily browsing rather than researching something for my "paying" job!! It is the best-you'll love it.

cakesbyjess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyjess Posted 15 Aug 2006 , 1:21am
post #12 of 31

Welcome to CC, justfrosting!!!! You have found the best website on the whole web!! I love this place, and have learned more here than in my whole time at college!! icon_lol.gif

Take the plunge and try making a cake ... you'll do great! We're looking forward to seeing your creations!! icon_smile.gif

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 15 Aug 2006 , 2:27am
post #13 of 31

come on and make a cake, you can do it! you'll probly be great at it too because you are already interested. and yes this site is addictive, my family is sick of me being on it.

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 16 Aug 2006 , 5:54pm
post #14 of 31

Don't forget - there are cookies, too! icon_lol.gif
Seriously, if you find cakes too intimidating, you can make 8" cookies and decorate them just like you would the top of a cake...The rolled chocolate cookies are very good, and the No-fail cookie recipe is well named.
And as someone pointed out - If you don't like them EAT THE EVIDENCE!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Quietcntry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Quietcntry Posted 16 Aug 2006 , 6:04pm
post #15 of 31

Isn't this place the greatest?! I'm new here too and am addicted! Just looking at what the others can do makes me want to learn more! Welcome !!!

denise2434 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
denise2434 Posted 16 Aug 2006 , 7:50pm
post #16 of 31

Welcome to CC!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Spoondog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Spoondog Posted 16 Aug 2006 , 8:00pm
post #17 of 31

Welcome to you...I've been here since April and there's not a day goes by that I am not on here for 2 hours at least. Once I get the kiddos in bed, it's off to CC for me!!! This is where so much of my inspiration comes from!

denise2434.....Love the Avatar!!!One Celeb that I wouldn't mind running into! Yoooowwwwza!!!

Panda-monium Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Panda-monium Posted 16 Aug 2006 , 8:00pm
post #18 of 31

I know what you mean. I started by making cakes for my children, now I walk down the street and think "how can I make that into a cake?" Once you start decorating it is just as addictive as CC. icon_lol.gif

Steady2Hands Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Steady2Hands Posted 16 Aug 2006 , 10:57pm
post #19 of 31

Welcome! I eat, think, and live CC!
I'm expecting my husband to ground me from it any day now (hehehehehe icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_cry.gif )!

wendysue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wendysue Posted 16 Aug 2006 , 11:13pm
post #20 of 31

This site is sooo much fun! I'm addicted in spurts. Haven't been here much lately because I'm trying to start a new business... not cake related. Maybe someday I'll do the cake thing, but getting licensed isn't possible for me right now.
Anyway, I agree that this is a great site. The decorators here are incredibly talented with their skills and sooo very giving of their time. I've learned a lot here and consider this to be a resource I can't decorate without! icon_biggrin.gif

yassy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yassy Posted 17 Aug 2006 , 12:38am
post #21 of 31

Welcome to the addiction! icon_biggrin.gif

JulieBugg2000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JulieBugg2000 Posted 17 Aug 2006 , 1:06am
post #22 of 31

Welcome to CC! You're definitely not alone in your addiction. My husband complains that I spend all evening on the computer lol.

karenm0712 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karenm0712 Posted 17 Aug 2006 , 1:18am
post #23 of 31

Welcome! I am new too and have been on the site EVERY day since I stumbled across it! My husband asked me the other day "can there really be that many cakes for you to look at?" YES YES YES and a ton of super nice people to talk to as well! Welcome to the MOST ADDICTING SITE ON THE WEB!!

sstardust17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sstardust17 Posted 17 Aug 2006 , 2:14am
post #24 of 31

Everyone is so helpful on this site. It is definately the best site. All of the cakes on here are truely amazing!!!!

SweetBellina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetBellina Posted 17 Aug 2006 , 2:27am
post #25 of 31

welcome justfrosting! you will feel like this is your second family, you would probably spend as much time u spend with your family.. icon_wink.gif ..

steady2hands, i think i will be grounded tonight! i got tons of work to do (organize linen closet, clean kitchen, fold clothes and iron...and my husband is coming anytime from his brotherhood meeting! but, i am still here with you guys!

so, be warned justfrosting! icon_lol.gif

sorry justfrosting, i edited this coz i put justicing instead of justfrosting... icon_redface.gif

justducky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justducky Posted 17 Aug 2006 , 2:35am
post #26 of 31

How is this for addicted.... I had to go to Lowes tonight w/dh and as we went by the overflow pans for water heaters I grabbed one and said "now wouldn't that make a kick butt cake" He laughed and said it would not fit in our oven. lol icon_biggrin.gif

SweetBellina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetBellina Posted 17 Aug 2006 , 2:43am
post #27 of 31

icon_lol.gif ...i know what u mean justducky! everywhere i go, i always look for stuff i can use to decorate...

pilesoflaundry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pilesoflaundry Posted 17 Aug 2006 , 3:25am
post #28 of 31

I'm addicted too!! I found this site by accident, I was looking on the wilton site for ideas for an upcoming birthday and then stumbled on the forums. This site was mentioned there and I came to poke around. I can't stay off this site now icon_redface.gif . My 4 year old is getting into it too now, she always wants to look at the galleries icon_smile.gif

Aztec9206 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Aztec9206 Posted 17 Aug 2006 , 3:36am
post #29 of 31

I AM ADDICTED!!!! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

Every day I check it, several times a day.....even at work!! and I sit next to my manager either she turns a blind eye and pretends not to see me or she really hasn't noticed.

Keep on baking!!!!

Cindy

bakerinut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakerinut Posted 17 Aug 2006 , 6:27am
post #30 of 31

Hello and welcome to the club!
Im really addicted too! to all the things you can learn and see, I love this site!!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%