Royal Icing Flowers

Decorating By moegee09 Updated 15 Aug 2006 , 4:01pm by DianaMarieMTV

moegee09 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moegee09 Posted 14 Aug 2006 , 8:13pm
post #1 of 8

I made royal icing swirl drop flowers, and used wilton gel color,and the next day in the afternoon i noticed that my flower colors were fading?
does any one know why this would happen

7 replies
DianaMarieMTV Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianaMarieMTV Posted 14 Aug 2006 , 8:21pm
post #2 of 8

Did you leave them exposed to sunlight? I keep my royal icing flowers in a tupperware container in the closet so light doesn't get to them. The light will fade them really quickly. Sorry about your flowers. icon_sad.gif

babynewyear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
babynewyear Posted 14 Aug 2006 , 8:22pm
post #3 of 8

I was told by my instructer that. Royal fades and turns out lighter and to make it darker. She said just the opposite for buttercream. Hope that helps. icon_smile.gif

moegee09 Posted 15 Aug 2006 , 3:32pm
post #4 of 8

Thanx! that really helped

getfrosted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
getfrosted Posted 15 Aug 2006 , 3:37pm
post #5 of 8

Does anyone besides me not like the idea of putting hard flowers on a cake? I remember as a child getting a bakery cake and loving sucking on the rock-hard roses ... but that doesn't appeal to me as an adult! lol

moegee09 Posted 15 Aug 2006 , 3:50pm
post #6 of 8

Haha yea I like to do that because i still am a kid icon_lol.gif I wonder how many other teens are on this site?

CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 15 Aug 2006 , 3:56pm
post #7 of 8

I am baffled with using royal icing.... is it just a well-known fact that you have to pull them all off before serving? The same with fondant - I have seen people "pull' back the fondant and eat the cake underneath. It seems like such a shame - of course, my kids love fondant! They want me to color it and let them use it like Play-doo.... that they can eat, of course! Helloooooooo Sugar-high!

Maybe I should let them do this right before they go to their Dad's house?

Ok..... I'm just kidding... really icon_biggrin.gif I promise icon_evil.gif

DianaMarieMTV Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianaMarieMTV Posted 15 Aug 2006 , 4:01pm
post #8 of 8

LOL CakeDiva, suger em' up and ship em' out! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%