Cardiomyopathy

Lounge By susanmm23 Updated 26 Jun 2007 , 3:08pm by susanmm23

susanmm23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susanmm23 Posted 25 Jun 2007 , 4:48pm
post #1 of 5

I know that there are a lot of military families on here. So i was wandering if anyone has any experience with this condition in a spouse or parent who served in the gulf war(the one in the 90's)? i did a search on google but not much came up. and what did come up was very outdated.

4 replies
marksmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marksmom Posted 26 Jun 2007 , 7:20am
post #2 of 5

I don't have info on military stuff, but my 23year old daughter has it and also my grandson. Its not an uncommon thing. Our geneticist told us that most people who have it never know it til it rears it's ugly head. There is more than one kind of cardiomyopothy also.
Gina

susanmm23 Posted 26 Jun 2007 , 12:00pm
post #3 of 5

yes i know that there is more than one kind. my dad has it. along with a number of other issues. the other issues are associated with his service time in the military and the duties he preformed. We are trying to see if its a common link as well.

what kind of treatment is you daughter and grandson receiving if you don't mind me asking?

kbochick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kbochick Posted 26 Jun 2007 , 3:03pm
post #4 of 5

My FIL had it. He wasn't in the Gulf War, but he was in Vietnam. He had all sorts of problems related to Agent Orange, but I don't know if the heart problems were military-related or not.

susanmm23 Posted 26 Jun 2007 , 3:08pm
post #5 of 5

thanks i did manage to find that in 97 at least 9 people were diagnosed with cardiomyopathy and a series of other health issues believed to be related to the war. but nothing since then. most of the sites just say how the government is denying there is such a syndrome and how the veterans are having to fight for any help. makes me sad to think of what our soldiers risk to serve our country and then to be mistreated when they come home.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%