Opinions On Two Books I'm Thinking Of Buying...

Decorating By SueB Updated 26 Jun 2007 , 12:18am by SueB

SueB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SueB Posted 25 Jun 2007 , 3:41pm
post #1 of 6

I have a wedding cake order for a Mich Turner cake and am looking at buying her book "Spectacular Cakes". Does anyone own this book or have any opinions on whether it is beneficial? I am also looking at buying "Confetti Cakes" by Elisa Strauss. When you buy on-line it is so difficult since you can't see what is in the book but my local book stores carry almost nothing for cake decorating books. Any opinions on either of these books would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

5 replies
miriel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miriel Posted 25 Jun 2007 , 5:37pm
post #2 of 6

I like Confetti Cakes as it has a lot of unique ideas and pictures and covers cakes, cupcakes and cookies. I haven't tried any of the recipes though.

flavacakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flavacakes Posted 25 Jun 2007 , 6:04pm
post #3 of 6

I have the Confetti Cakes Cookbook and I lone it. I've only tried the chocolate cake once, I love the flavor but I baked it too long, I'll definately make that one again. I can't wait to try her other recipes!

ShirleyW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShirleyW Posted 25 Jun 2007 , 6:12pm
post #4 of 6

I ordered Mich Turners book and was disappointed in it. I gave it away for a raffle. I haven't seen Elisa Strauss's book yet but I do like her work on the Food Network challenges.

SpudCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SpudCake Posted 25 Jun 2007 , 9:51pm
post #5 of 6

I have Mich Turners book. She has beautiful cakes and lots of really nice ideas (patterns for her cakes are included in the book). Recipes also.

Joanne usaribbon.gif

SueB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SueB Posted 26 Jun 2007 , 12:18am
post #6 of 6

Thanks everyone for your opinions! I appreciate all the help I get on CC!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%