What About Accepting Paypal?

Business By CakeDiva73 Updated 14 Aug 2006 , 2:03am by Kitagrl

CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 13 Aug 2006 , 12:53am
post #1 of 6

Does anyone accept Paypal? I sell on ebay so I have an active account but wondered.... Does anyone accept it and if so, are you concerned about people doing a chargeback after the fact? I suppose this is not such an issue when catering to friends, family or locals but I just wondered if this was a concern....

5 replies
SweetConfectionsChef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetConfectionsChef Posted 13 Aug 2006 , 6:32pm
post #2 of 6

I accept paypal by invoicing them through paypal's site. I haven't had any problems. This is a great way to accept visa, m/c, discover or AMEX without having the costs of a machine or processing company.

cupcakefetish Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakefetish Posted 13 Aug 2006 , 9:24pm
post #3 of 6

SWEET CONFECTIONS CHEF- I'M NOT VERY FAMILAR WITH PAYPAL SO HOW EXACTLY ARE YOU ABLE TO INVOICE THEM THROUGH PAYPALS SITE? DO YOU HAVE A WEBSITE THAT EXCEPTS PAYPAL? THAT SEEMS LIKE A SMART WAY TO GO ABOUT GETTING PAID. THAT WAY YOU HAVE MORE OF A GUARNTEE TO ON GETTING PAID THAN TO HAVE A CHECK BOUNCE FROM A CUSTOMER AND HAVE TO GO THROUGH ALL THAT HASSLE OF GETTING YOUR MONEY.

SweetThistleCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetThistleCakes Posted 13 Aug 2006 , 9:30pm
post #4 of 6

Ive been thinking about using Paypal, but my only concern is what if the client doesnt want to go through the hassel of getting an account and such?

SweetConfectionsChef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetConfectionsChef Posted 14 Aug 2006 , 1:54am
post #5 of 6

Just go to paypal.com and create an account. Once you create an account you can click invoice tool and create an invoice to whoever you wish. All you need is their email address. Paypal sends them the invoice (very professional) and lets you know when it is paid. You can also check on the status of an invoice out there by checking your account. It's very simple, reliable, and professional. I haven't had anyone complain. I did raise all of my prices by $1.00 to cover these incidental expenses associated with taking credit cards. In my shop, they are either giving me their credit card number over the phone, getting an invoice through paypal, or dropping by with a check, cash, or cc before their order is actually placed. I do not let anyone pay when they pick the cake up. I have never had anyone complain about my policy...

Check out paypal.com when you get a chance. The website is very easy to manuever and can explain everything.

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 14 Aug 2006 , 2:03am
post #6 of 6

I have a Paypal button on my site that accepts credit cards, the customer does not have to be a member...its just a nice way to accept a credit card. I also like it because since you are using Paypal's secure server, your customer does not have to worry about their information because a "big name" site is what they are going through, not a little private site that you hope is secure.

Paypal does charge you a percentage of a credit card order but I think you always have to pay some sort of fee for accepting credit cards no matter who you use, and Paypal does not charge any monthly or yearly fees so I am satisfied so far. I've been a member for about 6 years on Ebay/Paypal but have used Paypal now for my cakes for about 8 months and its working good.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%