Pleae Tell Me What You Think Of This Cake

Decorating By TandTHarrell Updated 13 Aug 2006 , 12:09pm by CarolAnn

TandTHarrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TandTHarrell Posted 12 Aug 2006 , 2:57pm
post #1 of 26

OK GUYS PLEASE BE HONES TWHAT SHOULD I DO OVER WITH THIS CAKE IT IS DUE IN THE MORNING..I REALLY THINK I DID THE NET TO BEG.....I TRIED TO FOLLOW AND CC AND I DID NOT COME CLOSE WHAT SO EVER...IM FEELIN REALLY BUMB RIGHT NOW....
LL

25 replies
TandTHarrell Posted 12 Aug 2006 , 2:58pm
post #2 of 26

I HATE WHEN THIS DOES NOT POST SORRY FOR THE BUMP

TandTHarrell Posted 12 Aug 2006 , 3:01pm
post #3 of 26

ok i think the net is way to big

IHATEFONDANT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
IHATEFONDANT Posted 12 Aug 2006 , 3:02pm
post #4 of 26

I think your addition of the netting was very clever!!!

I'm trying to picture what a net actually looks like(I'm not a basketball person)....do you mean you made the string work for the netting too big?

Maybe a basketball person will come along and give you better advice than I can. icon_smile.gif

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 12 Aug 2006 , 3:02pm
post #5 of 26

The backboard and ball are great but the net is a little thick and therefore looks a bit distorted.Can you try and scrap it off and make thinner lines.I
ll try and do a google to get you a picture of netting to help out!!

Laurel icon_smile.gif

TandTHarrell Posted 12 Aug 2006 , 3:03pm
post #6 of 26

yeah that exactly what i mean......thank you for your comment

Sweetpeeps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweetpeeps Posted 12 Aug 2006 , 3:04pm
post #7 of 26

I think it looks great. I don't think anyone else would think about that. It's such a neat cake that I really don't think anyone is going to be standing back saying...gee..you know I think that net is to big. You did a great job.

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 12 Aug 2006 , 3:04pm
post #8 of 26

Heres a net...hope this helps!!
LL

karateka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karateka Posted 12 Aug 2006 , 3:28pm
post #9 of 26

I think it's cute as all get out.

Gingoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gingoodies Posted 12 Aug 2006 , 3:33pm
post #10 of 26

I dont think you should make yourself crazy about the net.. It looks good. The top part of the net is bigger on a real hoop anyway. YOUR CAKE LOOKS GREAT!! just the way it is.

bkdcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bkdcakes Posted 12 Aug 2006 , 3:36pm
post #11 of 26

I agree with Sweetpeeps & Gingoodies! The cake is fine. We are our own worst critics - you did a great job, Trent!

JoanneK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoanneK Posted 12 Aug 2006 , 3:38pm
post #12 of 26

Cute idea. I would not change it. By doing so you are likely to destroy the ball too.

While it may be a little thick no one will notice it unless you say something. I like it as it is.

It's a clever idea and done well. Leave it alone.

gottacake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gottacake Posted 12 Aug 2006 , 3:42pm
post #13 of 26

In the words of my daughter after every cake I make..."It looks perfect Mom, just LEAVE IT ALONE!"

pscsgrrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pscsgrrl Posted 12 Aug 2006 , 3:47pm
post #14 of 26

I agree with the majority. The net doesn't have to be perfect. I think the cake looks really good. I would leave it alone. Whoever it is for isn't going to be nearly as critical as you are on yourself.

dodibug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dodibug Posted 12 Aug 2006 , 3:49pm
post #15 of 26

I agree that trying to change the net will likely result in tears! And a ruined ball!! Leave it be. Looks cute! next time you make one you'll know to make the net a bit smaller.

momvarden Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momvarden Posted 12 Aug 2006 , 3:55pm
post #16 of 26

I think it looks good, but if you are not happy with it then you should change it if you have the time. I agree if you don't say anything about how you feel then they won't care and they will love it.

JoJo40 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoJo40 Posted 12 Aug 2006 , 4:13pm
post #17 of 26

Trent, you know, the important thing is how does Joseph like it? Is he saying the net's too big? Look at it as an opportunity...the next time you design a net, you'll know to make the netting smaller. None of us achieve perfection on the first try. I think it's great...and a happy birthday to Joseph.

CarolAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarolAnn Posted 12 Aug 2006 , 5:06pm
post #18 of 26

I think it looks fine. Only thing I might do next time is put the backboard farther up and have the whole ball on the base cake. The net looks good. I wouldn't think it'd be easy to try and scrape off the net and redo it. They'll love it.

JulieB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JulieB Posted 12 Aug 2006 , 5:26pm
post #19 of 26

Don't kill yourself over the cake, it's adorable......

TandTHarrell Posted 12 Aug 2006 , 10:02pm
post #20 of 26

ok i did end up changing the let...its ok i actually like the 1st net better,,,,,,o well 1st time making this cake so im pretty sure i will o alot better nextt time

CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 12 Aug 2006 , 10:13pm
post #21 of 26

I think it is really a very neat cake. I don't think the net is too big but maybe if you had extended it beyond the bottom of the ball it could offset the big-net-thing....which looks fine. I guess my idea is a bit gravity defying but white fondant stuck into the end of the ball to give the illusion of the bottom hanging part of the net?

I think it is such a creative idea for a cake and I'm sure as soon as my daughter sees it she will be hitting me up for one for her basketball team.

We are all our own worst critics.... thumbs_up.gif I can't tell you how many thing I have RUINED trying to "fix" them!

traci Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traci Posted 12 Aug 2006 , 10:16pm
post #22 of 26

The cake looks great even with the thick netting! thumbs_up.gif

heychele Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heychele Posted 12 Aug 2006 , 10:30pm
post #23 of 26

I agree ,your cake looks fantastic!

cupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcake Posted 13 Aug 2006 , 7:37am
post #24 of 26

I agree with the rest. Cake looks pretty good but the net is too large and thick. Leave it be.

TandTHarrell Posted 13 Aug 2006 , 11:35am
post #25 of 26

customer loved the cake and she said people loved thecake itself..she also placed 2 more orders from me..she said that other people at the bowling was coming over looking at the cake saying how nice it was...

CarolAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarolAnn Posted 13 Aug 2006 , 12:09pm
post #26 of 26

Well see, there you go, they all loved it! That ought to teach you to listen to us....LOL More orders! Good job!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%