Help! I Am Gonna Cry!!!

Decorating By kcepenney Updated 15 Aug 2006 , 1:52am by brookej01

pilesoflaundry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pilesoflaundry Posted 13 Aug 2006 , 7:15pm
post #31 of 39

It's beautiful! Doesn't look like your first wedding cake at all icon_smile.gif.

cakesbyjess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyjess Posted 14 Aug 2006 , 4:05am
post #32 of 39

I think your wedding cake turned out beautiful!!!! Don't be so hard on yourself. I'm sure the bride (and everyone else at the wedding) loved it!!!! icon_smile.gifthumbs_up.gif

arosstx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
arosstx Posted 14 Aug 2006 , 4:10am
post #33 of 39

Wow, it turned out great! Very pretty. I bet you are so relieved. I love all the help you get here at CC. Don't know what I'd do w/ out it!

JulieB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JulieB Posted 14 Aug 2006 , 4:28am
post #34 of 39

Well, it turned out very nice. Great job.

Momof3boys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Momof3boys Posted 14 Aug 2006 , 6:05pm
post #35 of 39

That's really pretty!! Great job!

babygreen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
babygreen Posted 14 Aug 2006 , 6:14pm
post #36 of 39

that is really beautiful!!

twindees Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twindees Posted 14 Aug 2006 , 6:15pm
post #37 of 39

Great job. I wouldn't think that was you first. thumbs_up.gif

Cindy_Gl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cindy_Gl Posted 15 Aug 2006 , 1:43am
post #38 of 39

Turned out fantastic! Just so you know, Richs Bettercreme is super hard to get smooth looking. Most people never notice the little air spots.

I learned with Bettercreme, I love it, it doesn't hurt my hands like regular buttercreme does.

Here are a few tricks when working with it.

1. Most important, keep the Bettercreme cold, I use mine right when it thaws from the frozen state. You can even make roses with it when it is super cold. I always use it on a frozen cake.

2. ice your cake with an icer tip. Put cake on a turntable, use a bench scraper (I use a plastic scraper that is sold by Richs, especially made for bettercreme) After icing cake with icer tip (don't have to be a perfect job, ex: on an 8 inch round I go around sides of cake twice, then on top I amke 3 sweeps with the icer tip) , turn the turntable while keeping the scraper still against the side of the cake. Wipe excess off, and smooth top with scraper.

3. A LIGHT touch is very important when using the scraper. If you can get your hand on a plastic scraper, I think you would find that is the biggest help in smoothing Bettercreme. these plastic scrapers sell for like 50 cents. I have like 15 of them lol, every time a Richs rep. comes to visit me they bring me a handful. the only down part is that they get nicks in them, and then they need to be tossed.

Don't give up on Bettercreme. Your cake is AWESOME and you should be very proud!

brookej01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brookej01 Posted 15 Aug 2006 , 1:52am
post #39 of 39

your cake is really pretty!! great job.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%