Ideas Needed For Open House

Decorating By danar217 Updated 24 Jun 2007 , 1:28am by Rosie_from_MD

danar217 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
danar217 Posted 23 Jun 2007 , 11:59pm
post #1 of 5

Several neighbors and I are stay at home moms that have "hobbies/jobs" out of our homes. I don't usually sell my cakes just do them for friends and family. However, we are all getting together to show off our hobbies. She sells books, one sells make-up, jewelry, etc. There are about 100 people invited and I was asked to make small treats/samples to have out. I don't want to do cakes because of the mess, having plates, etc. So I was thinking mini cupcakes and cookies. Any ideas on how to decorate? It's July 3rd so I was thinking patriotic but not sure.

I need ideas on how to decorate and possibly setting up a display table or unique way to have everything out!

4 replies
kellycakes4949 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellycakes4949 Posted 24 Jun 2007 , 12:19am
post #2 of 5

How about something summery and easy like a flower/daisy? You could also do different colours of the same one to give variety.

chqtpi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chqtpi Posted 24 Jun 2007 , 12:19am
post #3 of 5

i think thats such a fun and cute idea!!!
i saw some cute cupcakes the other day on the Wilton site..they took their unfrosted cupcakes and took the grass tip with blue frosting and piped the first layer...and then they took the grass tip with white icing and piped the second layer..and then they took the grass tip with red and piped the top..it looked like fireworks!! (i probably should haev shown you the link first!!!..lolicon_smile.gif

http://www.cupcakefun.com/ideas/ourflagwasstillthere.cfm

you could also do some in red,some in white, and some in blue frosting to distinguish the seperate flavors. (if you are planning on doing more than one type).

as far as decorating the table goes...put stuff on different layers (i.e use different cake stands of different heights) and then some on the table..it keeps their eyes wandering icon_smile.gif make sure you have plenty of napkins and plates as people will want to try EVERYTHING icon_smile.gif I;m sure it will be beautiful! Have fun!

danar217 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
danar217 Posted 24 Jun 2007 , 12:41am
post #4 of 5

Those are great! Thanks. Any others?

Rosie_from_MD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosie_from_MD Posted 24 Jun 2007 , 1:28am
post #5 of 5

You could do the little cupcakes to look like different flowers, sunflowers, daisys, etc. Any kind of flat flower would work good. Just an idea. You could also put little bugs on them--like ladybugs and butterflys!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%