Rating Recipes

Baking By prterrell Updated 28 Jun 2007 , 2:00pm by snowshoe1

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 23 Jun 2007 , 8:11pm
post #1 of 6

When you rate recipes, I'm guessing it's because you've tried out the recipe, right?

Just wondering, because one of my recipes has a rating of only 1 star which is strange to me because every time I've made this cake everyone who has eaten it has wanted the recipe and has raved about it. I was just wondering what's "wrong" with it? It's my coconut cake recipe:
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-4453-0-Easy-Coconut-Cake.html

5 replies
ShirleyW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShirleyW Posted 23 Jun 2007 , 11:36pm
post #2 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by prterrell

When you rate recipes, I'm guessing it's because you've tried out the recipe, right?

Just wondering, because one of my recipes has a rating of only 1 star which is strange to me because every time I've made this cake everyone who has eaten it has wanted the recipe and has raved about it. I was just wondering what's "wrong" with it? It's my coconut cake recipe:
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-4453-0-Easy-Coconut-Cake.html

I asked Jackie about that too. She says it is still a glitch in the system and they are working to correct it. I have had several people tell me they have rated my IMBC recipe 5 stars but when they go back it has not changed and is still at four stars.

I see you have added a link to your recipe. That should help, people will then try it for themselves and go back and rate it.

breelaura Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
breelaura Posted 27 Jun 2007 , 5:00pm
post #3 of 6

In quasi-related news, I think it'd be neat if we could comment along with ratings, to give tips or advice or specific things we liked or changed. It would also give the opportunity for people to describe their results if the original writer/poster didn't go into a lot of detail (ex. very moist, dense or very light and delicate or it makes enough for __ pans, etc.).

ETA - Duh. What got me thinking about this is that it would sort of solve the problem of the stars, too, since you could see the rave reviews and choose recipes accordingly even if the stars are glitching.

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 27 Jun 2007 , 5:06pm
post #4 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by breelaura

In quasi-related news, I think it'd be neat if we could comment along with ratings, to give tips or advice or specific things we liked or changed. It would also give the opportunity for people to describe their results if the original writer/poster didn't go into a lot of detail (ex. very moist, dense or very light and delicate or it makes enough for __ pans, etc.).

ETA - Duh. What got me thinking about this is that it would sort of solve the problem of the stars, too, since you could see the rave reviews and choose recipes accordingly even if the stars are glitching.

This is on the wish list for the recipe section, however Jackie and Heath have been working on reorganizing the galleries (as you can tell b/c it is Beta stage still) So it will be done but there is no timeline for it yet.

ShirleyW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShirleyW Posted 27 Jun 2007 , 5:20pm
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by breelaura

You know what will happen if they do this don't you? There are people who will be hurt if someone gives a less than great review. There will be some who don't care for a particular person who will give a bad review just to be nasty. With the star rating system at least it will keep that type of thing from happening. All I foresee is drama, drama, drama coming if that becomes an option. I am thinking back to the posts from members who have had comments left in their cake photo gallery of "This cake sucks" or "This is the ugliest cake I've ever seen." Although I think the majority of CC members are friendly and fair, there are some who just aren't and enjoy saying mean things to people for whatever reason.

snowshoe1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snowshoe1 Posted 28 Jun 2007 , 2:00pm
post #6 of 6

prterrell - your recipe sounds wonderful and I would like to try it (promise I'll rate it if I do). I'm just not sure what coconut creme is - what aisle would this be located in the supermarket?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%