Best Cake Mix?

Decorating By DelightsByE Updated 13 Aug 2006 , 11:21pm by Lisa

DelightsByE Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DelightsByE Posted 11 Aug 2006 , 12:28pm
post #1 of 22

Someone in another thread suggested a poll!

21 replies
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 11 Aug 2006 , 1:19pm
post #2 of 22

I'm a Betty Crocker Gal..It always gives me consistent results and tastes great!!

xandra83 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xandra83 Posted 11 Aug 2006 , 1:24pm
post #3 of 22

Duncan hines-hands down!!! It rises the best and is sooo moist and tasty!!

Katie-Bug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katie-Bug Posted 11 Aug 2006 , 1:26pm
post #4 of 22

Most of the time I perfer Betty Crocker, but I have gotten in a pinch and had to use others. I like Duncan Hines, they are so moist, but somethimes they are to moist and don't hold up good for me. To each his own!

cakesbyjackie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyjackie Posted 11 Aug 2006 , 1:26pm
post #5 of 22

Always Duncan Heinz!

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 11 Aug 2006 , 1:30pm
post #6 of 22

DH all the way! Really moist and has the most batter per mix.

sugarspice Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarspice Posted 11 Aug 2006 , 2:42pm
post #7 of 22

Duncan Hines all the way! .88 at walmart!

queenamy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
queenamy Posted 11 Aug 2006 , 4:00pm
post #8 of 22

This was helpful!! thanks gals!

MaryBun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MaryBun Posted 11 Aug 2006 , 8:16pm
post #9 of 22

Absolutely Duncan Hines.
I love Pillsbury products, but the cakes don't rise very well.

LittleLinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleLinda Posted 13 Aug 2006 , 3:31am
post #10 of 22

Pillsbury all the way and NOBODY will change my mind!

DelightsByE Posted 13 Aug 2006 , 3:34am
post #11 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVienneaus

we're not trying to change ANYBODY's mind, this is a democratc society, we're free to choose our own cake mixes (OR MAKE FROM SCRATCH, but that's another poll altogether) but since there are so many threads out there dealing with this topic, some of us wanted statistical data!

icon_lol.gif

born2bake4u Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
born2bake4u Posted 13 Aug 2006 , 2:18pm
post #12 of 22

i like our store brand(hyvee) but i buy whats on sale most of the time if i can get a name brand, if i am adding extras totthe mix i buy the store brand. especially for making cream cheese cookies, or a bundt cake.

m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 13 Aug 2006 , 6:01pm
post #13 of 22

I use Roundy's if I need to buy just regular white and chocolate mixes. But I use whatever is on sale at the time.
I also doctor up my cake mixes so I dont really notice a difference in the brands that I use.

LittleLinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleLinda Posted 13 Aug 2006 , 6:24pm
post #14 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelightsByE

Quote:

we're not trying to change ANYBODY's mind, this is a democratc society, ...

I didn't mean to imply that I thought people were trying to change my mind. You are right that there are so many threads asking the same question. I was surprised that pIllsbury had a lower status in the poll so far. So, I was just thinking that if any other cake mix won the poll, I'd still stick to my Pillsbury.

DianaMarieMTV Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianaMarieMTV Posted 13 Aug 2006 , 6:31pm
post #15 of 22

I always use DH. A few times I have baked a cake that sunk in the middle and then I looked at the box and discovered I accidentally grabbed a Betty Crocker mix. My grocery has them right next to each other on the shelves and they look similar. Oops!

m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 13 Aug 2006 , 8:09pm
post #16 of 22
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

we're not trying to change ANYBODY's mind, this is a democratc society, ...

I didn't mean to imply that I thought people were trying to change my mind. You are right that there are so many threads asking the same question. I was surprised that pIllsbury had a lower status in the poll so far. So, I was just thinking that if any other cake mix won the poll, I'd still stick to my Pillsbury.

TheVienneaus was simply stating her opinion, which she has a right to do...I don't think she was implying anything to anybody...she was just stating her opinion.
You started a poll and wanted people's opinions- therefore you must allow people to express it without getting after them about it.

Aztec9206 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Aztec9206 Posted 13 Aug 2006 , 8:16pm
post #17 of 22

Duncan Hines all the way...!!!!!!!!!! People swear it's a made from scratch!!!!!

Keep on baking!!!

Cindy

klg1152 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
klg1152 Posted 13 Aug 2006 , 8:22pm
post #18 of 22

BC hands down

DelightsByE Posted 13 Aug 2006 , 8:30pm
post #19 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by m0use

TheVienneaus was simply stating her opinion, which she has a right to do...I don't think she was implying anything to anybody...she was just stating her opinion.
You started a poll and wanted people's opinions- therefore you must allow people to express it without getting after them about it.

You know - you're absolutely right! I had to re-read my post before I "heard" myself! Sorry TheVienneaus, I really didn't mean to sound the way I did!

twinsline7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twinsline7 Posted 13 Aug 2006 , 10:56pm
post #20 of 22

I would use a store brand before I used Pilsbury...that dough boy doesn't know what he is doing!!! ....maybe biscuits...but even those aren't very good! thumbsdown.gif

so guess my opinion is ANYTHING BUT Pilsbury

DelightsByE Posted 13 Aug 2006 , 11:06pm
post #21 of 22
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by m0use

You know - you're absolutely right! I had to re-read my post before I "heard" myself! Sorry TheVienneaus, I really didn't mean to sound the way I did!

OK I'm backing up on myself here. I don't apologize for my post at all. I am sorry it got misconstrued, but really I wasn't picking on Vienneaus for her opinion, what I was trying to say is that it's too bad in case she felt the need to defend herself, like she's not entitled to her opinion without someone trying to change her mind. I guess I shouldn't have assumed Vienneaus was getting defensive, but the purpose of the poll is JUST to have DATA - because a lot of people esp. newbies come here wanting to know what people think is the best, and this might answer some of their questions. I personally don't have any issue with anyone's opinion on this.

Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 13 Aug 2006 , 11:21pm
post #22 of 22

It seems we've gotten off topic and headed downward so I'm going to lock this thread. If anyone else would like to start another poll, I think it'd be a great idea.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%