Star Wars Cake

Decorating By jen30 Updated 20 Jun 2005 , 1:09am by ntertayneme

jen30 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jen30 Posted 11 Jun 2005 , 4:37pm
post #1 of 7

Need ideas for decorating a star wars cake for a 5 yr old boy. Also, wondering if anyone has used the spray mist frosting for cakes. Does it have any flavor (good or bad). Was thinking of using a black spray, because black frosting might be a bit much.

6 replies
tcrema Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcrema Posted 11 Jun 2005 , 4:44pm
post #2 of 7

Hi, I have a probably dorkey idea...you can make darth vader and put the kids name and say "So and So it's your birthday" you know to replace the Luke I am your father...Just a thought
Now as far as the spray mist. It has a minty flavor. It's not bad or over powering but it's there...however much better than black frosting.

thyterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thyterrell Posted 11 Jun 2005 , 4:46pm
post #3 of 7

I just did one for a boy's birthday using an edible image. He had picked out the picture he wanted. I also have a picture of a Darth Vader cake that I can email you. Not exactly sure how it is done, but it looks great.

lastingmoments Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lastingmoments Posted 19 Jun 2005 , 6:04am
post #4 of 7

sprays are good......easy to use.

i like them for sheet cakes....they add an airbrush effect.

AS FOR THE CAKE THE HAVE SOME FACE MASK OF DARTH VADER AT PARTY CITY FOR $3.00 IT
could be nice to place on the cake flat and use the idea that tcreama gave you..with the words then the birthday boy can have something to use and keep afterwards! (not the cardboards ones, the plastic)

trisha1972 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
trisha1972 Posted 19 Jun 2005 , 1:40pm
post #5 of 7

I have the Darth Vadar pan from years ago. I did was is posted here (think I have the cake posted in the gallery too if you do a search), of having "Fabian.....I am your cake" on the top of the board. I used dark chocolate fudge bc for the icing.

MyThreeSons Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MyThreeSons Posted 20 Jun 2005 , 1:00am
post #6 of 7

I just came from a Star Wars party for a 5-year-old. His mom made a sheet cake and tried to spray it black, but it just didn't get as dark as she wanted, so she ended up tinting buttercream after all. Across the front half of the cake, she cut it down to a single layer, then microwaved orange, yellow and red buttercream and let it drip and run over the lower half of the cake (to make a lava pit). Then she placed a lot of Star Wars figures on the cake, with the two main guys dueling it out with light sabers in the lava. I'll try to get a photo if you like. The kids LOVED it!

ntertayneme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ntertayneme Posted 20 Jun 2005 , 1:09am
post #7 of 7

I made a Darth Vader cake but I have the shaped Wilton pan .. I don't really care for the shaped pans though ... it came out ok

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%