Making Water W/ Piping Gel

Decorating By imartsy Updated 10 Aug 2006 , 4:49pm by imbkay13

imartsy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imartsy Posted 10 Aug 2006 , 1:01am
post #1 of 6

Okay, when you make water w/ piping gel, I understand that you color the piping gel, but then what? Do you make buttercream icing underneath that is blue? Or does it matter if it's green or another color underneath the piping gel?

5 replies
imartsy Posted 10 Aug 2006 , 1:01am
post #2 of 6

hmmm where did my post go?

tmassey5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tmassey5 Posted 10 Aug 2006 , 1:05am
post #3 of 6

I made water from piping gel tinted blue. I really didn't like it much at all. I found that I like to use blue icing or whatever color you like and then just use the clear piping gel on top of that. It gives the icing that "clear" water look.
Hope this helps.
oh, if you do decide to color the piping gel it takes VERY little color to do so icon_wink.gif

imartsy Posted 10 Aug 2006 , 2:15am
post #4 of 6

Thanks! I think I might try that!

deijha Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deijha Posted 10 Aug 2006 , 4:34pm
post #5 of 6

I just did a cake with piping gel colored blue for water. I colored my icing under it blue to. I thought it gave it a depth of color. You can see it in my pictures, its the one with the dolphins. I think it really is just a matter of what you like. Good luck.
Jeanne

imbkay13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imbkay13 Posted 10 Aug 2006 , 4:49pm
post #6 of 6

I tinted the gel blue and put it over white frosting(fishing cake in my photo's), looked ok but did not like the taste, if I have to use it (gel) again it will be a very small amount.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%