How Did You Find Cake Central?

Decorating By cakemommy Updated 12 Sep 2007 , 10:00pm by soozun

Saborita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Saborita Posted 16 Jun 2005 , 4:34pm
post #31 of 66

I found a link to this site on the Univisión forum. Now I visit just about every day to see different ideas and techniques.

caduchi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
caduchi Posted 16 Jun 2005 , 4:54pm
post #32 of 66

Well i was looking for something else and ended up here, but i love it here, and i'm here any spare time i have.

nefgaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nefgaby Posted 12 Sep 2007 , 4:08am
post #33 of 66

Though might be fun to bring this post up....
I found it when I did a search for MARSHMALLOW FONDANT! icon_lol.gif

rcs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rcs Posted 12 Sep 2007 , 4:28am
post #34 of 66

A little over 5 months ago, I was looking at a Wiltons yearbook in Hobby Lobby. I thought that maybe I could do that! So I started looking on the internet for more information on cake decorating and found CC and have been here reading and asking questions ever since! I haven't taken any classes...just been learning everything here!!

KlyKat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KlyKat Posted 12 Sep 2007 , 11:14am
post #35 of 66

The instructor from my 2nd Wilton class at Michaels told me about CC. I just lluuvvzz him for it icon_lol.gif K'ly

Dustbunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dustbunny Posted 12 Sep 2007 , 11:23am
post #36 of 66

I found CC through a search a long time ago, eventually I joined in & have been here since lol icon_smile.gif

ilka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ilka Posted 12 Sep 2007 , 11:44am
post #37 of 66

I was just searching for cakes and looking for cake pans and saw cc and let me say that I have never seen anything like cc....this is the best...everyone is so helpful..So yes I'm proud to say that MY NAME IS ILKA AND I'M A CC ADDICT!!!! lol

captrick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
captrick Posted 12 Sep 2007 , 12:05pm
post #38 of 66

A friend of mine that had decorated for years led me to CC when I wanted to start decorating. I've learned every trick, every technique, all I know from the ladies here at CC. I always know I can come here to ask a question...and I will find an answer that works for me.

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 12 Sep 2007 , 12:06pm
post #39 of 66

I found CC through the Wilton site ! Thanks to everybody for being so helpful and willing to share! You can learn sooo much on this site ! Its wonderful !!!!

AuntieElle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AuntieElle Posted 12 Sep 2007 , 12:59pm
post #40 of 66

I too found CC while Googleing recipes! My Dh calls me a "Cake Head" instead of a Crack Head. I spend upward of 5 hours a day on CC. icon_redface.gificon_redface.gificon_redface.gif The world is falling down around me and I am thinking. . ."Wait! I'm reading a post!" Is there a pill for this?

Elle

springlakecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
springlakecake Posted 12 Sep 2007 , 1:04pm
post #41 of 66

A link from the wilton site. I have to say I havent been back to wilton site much.

dreamn900 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dreamn900 Posted 12 Sep 2007 , 1:06pm
post #42 of 66

A friend told me. She's the same friend who told me about the Wilton classes at Michael's icon_smile.gif

cwcopeland Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cwcopeland Posted 12 Sep 2007 , 1:09pm
post #43 of 66

The Cake Carousel in Richardson, TX. I was taking classes there and they mentioned it.

Dixiegal01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dixiegal01 Posted 12 Sep 2007 , 1:14pm
post #44 of 66

When I was taking my 3rd Wilton class at the Hobby Lobby in Mesquite Tx one of the ladies told me about it....I've been addicted since!!!! AuntieElle, If there is a pill for this I don't want it icon_wink.gif Love cruising this site, so much info and such wonderful people!

QueLinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
QueLinda Posted 12 Sep 2007 , 1:15pm
post #45 of 66

I was shopping at a local cake supply store when I ran into a customer there, we starting talking and she told me about Cake Central. I went online as soon as I got home. I LOVE this website! thumbs_up.gif

chelleb1974 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chelleb1974 Posted 12 Sep 2007 , 1:18pm
post #46 of 66

I was searching on Yahoo for cake decorating websites and this is one of the ones that came up. Don't remember how I got hooked - but I did!!

~Chelle

jackie64 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jackie64 Posted 12 Sep 2007 , 1:22pm
post #47 of 66

I had just signed up for cake classes at hobby lobby and started looking for cake sites by search engine and when I found CC I was hooked imediately . icon_biggrin.gif

aswartzw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aswartzw Posted 12 Sep 2007 , 1:23pm
post #48 of 66

I was also on Wilton and found the links to cakecentral and fell in love...

yummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummy Posted 12 Sep 2007 , 1:26pm
post #49 of 66

Surfing Yahoo for cake decorating sites I found Baking 911 first and loved it. Then I found The BIG CC, and never went back to the other. CAKE CENTRAL ROCKS!!!

Y'all know they're going to have to open up a new kind of rehab just for us, right?

nmartin7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nmartin7 Posted 12 Sep 2007 , 1:39pm
post #50 of 66

Looking for inspiration from one of the best, it was linked in their FAQ's: http://www.charmcitycakes.com/index2.html

tyty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tyty Posted 12 Sep 2007 , 1:39pm
post #51 of 66

Went to ask.com looking for cake info, found a link to CC. Been hooked since thumbs_up.gif .

melvin01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melvin01 Posted 12 Sep 2007 , 1:45pm
post #52 of 66

I learned about CC on Duff Goldman's site: charmcitycakes.com on the FAQ page. It references this site and sugarbuzz, and now I'm an addict, like everyone else out there!

I think that a support group should be started...I'm really getting worried about all the time I spend on this site. Unfortunately, it's stopping me from getting my work done! HELP!

SCS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SCS Posted 12 Sep 2007 , 1:47pm
post #53 of 66

Did a Google search on cake decorating forums. Cannot even remember the reason for the search now, but glad I did it!

Monilynn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monilynn Posted 12 Sep 2007 , 1:48pm
post #54 of 66

Followed a link on Wilton site to here . Hooked ever since!

Monica

cakes47 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes47 Posted 12 Sep 2007 , 1:51pm
post #55 of 66

I don't remember how I found out about CC. It was a few years ago. I've been happy here; found some nice people, and lots of info.

marthajo1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marthajo1 Posted 12 Sep 2007 , 1:52pm
post #56 of 66

I too found out from wilton's site! icon_lol.gif Haven't been back to wilton either! icon_lol.gif Why leave perfection!!!

tugboat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tugboat Posted 12 Sep 2007 , 2:15pm
post #57 of 66

My husband actually found this site for me! I really didn't get on the computer at the time and I had just started taking cake classes and so my husband was showing me how to look up different websites on the computer and he found this one! I checked it out, became a member, and have been hooked ever since! Now several of my friends are members as well! Oh, and I'm on the computer all the time now! icon_wink.gif

tasha27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tasha27 Posted 12 Sep 2007 , 6:43pm
post #58 of 66

I was looking for cake ideas and came on this upon this site. I have been in love ever since.

Daisys_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Daisys_Cakes Posted 12 Sep 2007 , 6:53pm
post #59 of 66

When I visited my sister this summer for 6 weeks she introduced me to cake central and as soon as I got back homeI started a an account and uploaded all my pics and ever since I have been addicted icon_biggrin.gif ! Actually before I joined I remember my sister reading the "Warning this web site is highly addictive" story and just laughing wondering how on earth a person could be addicted to posting in forums and looking at cake photos! icon_confused.gif But now I know and let this be a warning to all Newbies don't laugh beware because sooner than later you will be addicted too! icon_biggrin.gif

Deborah thumbs_up.gif

ladefly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladefly Posted 12 Sep 2007 , 7:02pm
post #60 of 66

I was looking for a bunch of different cakes especially a fire helmet cake... and I kept coming to cake central, and also from Charm City cakes.... low and behold, I joined and started taking wilton classes, AND I AM SO HOOKED ON IT !!!!!!!!!!!!
Every single day, at least 5 times a day, I am on here.
CAN YOU SAY ADDICTION! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%