Kopykake Software

Decorating By fat-sissy Updated 9 Aug 2006 , 7:52pm by Lisa

fat-sissy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fat-sissy Posted 9 Aug 2006 , 1:11pm
post #1 of 5

My frosting sheets are too fresh to remove the acetate backing. When I do a design w/the Kopykake software, should I checkmark borderless printing or not, in order for the image to print the correct size?

4 replies
Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 9 Aug 2006 , 3:34pm
post #2 of 5

The frosting sheets need time to dry. You can leave it out at room temp or speed up the process with a blow dryer. Just blow dry until the sheet stiffens slightly and the image will peel right off.

It's been a while since I used the KK software but I believe borderless printing is what you want. Try it both ways and then check out the print preview. You can also experiment by printing at draft quality on regular paper.

I'm not sure but I think leaving borderless unchecked will print an outline around the image. This can be useful when cutting images out. It doesn't change the size though.

rezzygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rezzygirl Posted 9 Aug 2006 , 3:45pm
post #3 of 5

I agree with Lisa... I recommend using a blow dryer on low setting until it's peelable. Not to much though otherwise it'll dry out and crumble. Don't know about the KK software though.

mari_golde Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mari_golde Posted 9 Aug 2006 , 6:50pm
post #4 of 5

I've used the KopyKake software before, and quite honestly, I've had more luck with Microsoft's Picture It. I guess its all personal choice though.

Not to quibble though, but if I remember correctly, I think the frosting sheets don't go all the way to the edge of the paper...i believe its 1/2 inch on all sides. When I've printed off the sheets, I've never used borderless printing...I've used the 1/2" borders.

And... i know you're not supposed to do this, but if im in a hurry, i pop the printed frosting sheet into the freezer for a couple of minutes, and the sheet will come off the backing very nicely, and its so easy to place on the cake. I've never had a problem with colors bleeding.

icon_smile.gif

Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 9 Aug 2006 , 7:52pm
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by mari_golde

I've used the KopyKake software before, and quite honestly, I've had more luck with Microsoft's Picture It. I guess its all personal choice though.

Not to quibble though, but if I remember correctly, I think the frosting sheets don't go all the way to the edge of the paper...i believe its 1/2 inch on all sides. When I've printed off the sheets, I've never used borderless printing...I've used the 1/2" borders.

icon_smile.gif

I agree about the KK software. It's a great starter program though. One of the great things about it is that it automatically sizes and postions your images to meet the size of the frosting sheet. If using other software, you will have to adjust the size or margins to meet the size/shape of the frosting sheets.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%