Where Do You Buy Your Cake Boards And Boxes?

Decorating By bethallan Updated 23 Jun 2007 , 4:12am by evieg

bethallan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bethallan Posted 21 Jun 2007 , 1:34pm
post #1 of 9

I've been buying mine at Michaels, as that's the only cake decorating supply place around. Now that the word is spreading about my work, I'm getting more cake orders. Paying about $1 per board and $1.29 per box seems too much. Plus I hate that their boxes don't allow any room for me to use a board wrap on the 1/2 and 1/4 sheets. And the 1/2 sheet boards are just kind of flimsy sometimes.

Any suggestions for buying in bulk (probably online) would be appreciated!!

8 replies
Florimbio Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Florimbio Posted 21 Jun 2007 , 1:59pm
post #2 of 9

bump

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 21 Jun 2007 , 2:15pm
post #3 of 9

www.ckproducts.com and www.bakerycrafts.com are my primary sources, in addition to local restaurant supply stores.

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 21 Jun 2007 , 2:46pm
post #4 of 9

and here's a great source w/ free shipping:

http://www.brpboxshop.com/cake_boxes.html

USMC_SGTs_Lady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
USMC_SGTs_Lady Posted 21 Jun 2007 , 5:06pm
post #5 of 9

I buy mine from a cake specialty store thats in the town i work in, (thank god there is one, be lost w/o it even though its 45 min away from my home)....but you could try talking to a bakery and see if they could order some in bulk for you. One time I got a FREE box when i went to wal-mart....i asked them if i could buy a full sheet cake box from them b/c the box i had got damaged (the cake for the box wasn't from wal0mart either)....Otherwise i would try one of the websites that everyone else suggested

baka4lyfe20 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
baka4lyfe20 Posted 21 Jun 2007 , 5:10pm
post #6 of 9

Ok, I get mine from a cake decorating store. They're under a dollar a piece. Are you sure that Michaels is the only place to go? Look around, you might find somewhere. Otherwise online or mail order could be your best bet.

miriel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miriel Posted 21 Jun 2007 , 5:21pm
post #7 of 9

I second Doug's suggestion of http://www.brpboxshop.com/cake_boxes.html

That's where I get my cake boxes. They ship fast and best of all, free.

bethallan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bethallan Posted 23 Jun 2007 , 3:57am
post #8 of 9

Thanks for the suggestions! I did a little more digging and found a company that sells boards and boxes nearby. They offered local pickup! I ordered last night and picked everything up today for about 1/4 the price that I was paying before!

evieg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
evieg Posted 23 Jun 2007 , 4:12am
post #9 of 9

this web sell this item less, www.cakedeco.com
that is the best retail sales

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%