Anyone Interested In A Gumpaste Class With Tutugirl In Ohio?

Decorating By debster Updated 22 Jun 2007 , 5:09pm by ShirleyW

debster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debster Posted 21 Jun 2007 , 12:36pm
post #1 of 19

Hi all,
In my area there is no one willing to teach gumpaste except for the Wilton class which was so so . Anyway, I have been talking to tutugirl from CC and she is willing to do a gumpaste class in early Oct. You can check out her work on CC She's one of the best on here, In my opinion, there are many others to, but she's in our area...................YEAH!!!!!

Anyway, put up a reply or PM me if you are interested, it's up in the air if the class will be in Dayton, or here near Cleveland. Let me know if your interested. Thanks

18 replies
jadak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jadak Posted 21 Jun 2007 , 1:31pm
post #2 of 19

Oh, I wish you were closer to me. I would love to do it, but am in the Cincinnati area.

debster Posted 21 Jun 2007 , 1:42pm
post #3 of 19

How far is Cinci from Dayton if we did it there?

jadak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jadak Posted 21 Jun 2007 , 1:54pm
post #4 of 19

I think about 1.5 hours to Dayton area, so maybe more depending on where in Dayton it was being held.

scoobam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scoobam Posted 21 Jun 2007 , 3:11pm
post #5 of 19

I would be interested... especially if it is near Cleveland. would depend on DH's work schedule... but she is AMAZING... it would be an honor to learn from her and have the opportunity to pick her brain. LOL

please keep me in the loop!! thanks!!!!!

beccakelly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beccakelly Posted 21 Jun 2007 , 7:02pm
post #6 of 19

SIGN ME UP!! i would love to do that. im in cincy, but i would be willing to travel to dayton or even columbus. unfortunately, i don't think i could make the trip all the way up to cleveland. let me know what you decide to do!

beccakelly Posted 21 Jun 2007 , 7:10pm
post #7 of 19

just looked up tutugirl's cakes and WOW! they are amazing. i LOVE her flowers, exactly what i would love to learn how to do. if we can't all agree on one place, would she be willing to do two, one in dayton and one in cleveland? (i would be very willing to pay her for her time)

scoobam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scoobam Posted 21 Jun 2007 , 7:15pm
post #8 of 19

I can do Columbus.. definitely the farthest west I will be able to make it.. I'm in PA.

but don't plan around me because I am very if'y if this will be during the week... so I'll just keep checking in to see what's planned and if it works out and there's room I'll be there!!!!!!
this is a great opportunity!! i hope lots of people jump on it!!

bthasns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bthasns Posted 22 Jun 2007 , 1:52am
post #9 of 19

I don't know where I'll be or what my schedule will be like in Oct. but keep me informed as I may very well be interested if it works out...and I'm still in OH.

cakesbyjess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyjess Posted 22 Jun 2007 , 5:11am
post #10 of 19

I would be VERY interested in taking the class ... hopefully it will work with my school schedule. Please count me in!!! thumbs_up.gif

suzmazza Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suzmazza Posted 22 Jun 2007 , 5:36am
post #11 of 19

I would be interested in a class if it were offered in the Cleveland area. Its only about a 2 hr drive for me, and I have plenty of friends in the area! Keep me posted!

debster Posted 22 Jun 2007 , 4:44pm
post #12 of 19

Ok Sorry, Sorry , Sorry to ALL, I boo Booed, It was to be NOVEMBER 10th and 11th, that's a weekend. Hope this works better for everyone.

apwagner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
apwagner Posted 22 Jun 2007 , 4:49pm
post #13 of 19

I will probably come if it is in Dayton. I live in the city limits in Cincinnati and it only takes me about an hour to get to Dayton.

darandon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darandon Posted 22 Jun 2007 , 4:51pm
post #14 of 19

I'd be interested, but I'm in Columbus, but depending on the starting & ending time, I might be able to drive.

beccakelly Posted 22 Jun 2007 , 4:56pm
post #15 of 19

anyone in cincy interested in carpooling? we could all chip in on the gas, since it can get so expensive! nov 10 and 11 is the weekend before my b-day, so it will be my present! (well, part of it, DH will have to get me something else too, lol) icon_wink.gif count me in for dayton!

emf7701 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emf7701 Posted 22 Jun 2007 , 4:58pm
post #16 of 19

that would be awesome! i'm an hour from cleveland..... just checked out tutgirl's photos... OMGOODNESS!!!!!! she's amazing!!!! i would love to learn from her! how much would a class be?

jnestor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jnestor Posted 22 Jun 2007 , 5:03pm
post #17 of 19

I would definently be interested, I'm near Cleveland!

karenm0712 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karenm0712 Posted 22 Jun 2007 , 5:06pm
post #18 of 19

I am in Cincinnati and would be willing to go to Dayton or Columbus! icon_smile.gif

ShirleyW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShirleyW Posted 22 Jun 2007 , 5:09pm
post #19 of 19

Margarita (tutu girl) is a wonderful decorator. I would sign up for her class in a minute if it weren't for the distance. If you can travel and feel you can afford the class, by all means take it. I have a feeling it will be excellent and worth every penny.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%