Mechanic/ Mr Fix It Man Cake

Decorating By tarheel Updated 7 Jul 2005 , 4:45am by sheilaattaway

tarheel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tarheel Posted 10 Jun 2005 , 8:34pm
post #1 of 8

I need ideas for a birthday cake for an older man who is a mechanic/mr fix it type of person. He works on tractors, lawn mowers and sewing machines. Any ideas appreciated!

7 replies
veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 11 Jun 2005 , 7:31pm
post #2 of 8

I've been racking my brain for ideas along this line for my stepfather for father's day, and haven't come up with anything that really works for me.

The one that sticks in my mind here on CC the dragonwarlord did with a tool belt and tools and it was great, but my stepfather doesn't use a tool belt! Maybe we could make a tool box, that should be easy enough...and there are candy molds for the tools!

Anyway, this will move up top, maybe somebody will help us both out! Janice

tarheel Posted 13 Jun 2005 , 5:49pm
post #3 of 8

Thanks for your reply. I'm ususally somewhat creative but am stuck...I had decided I'd buy a small tractor, lawn mower and sewing machine...place on the cake and scatter tools around...that would be quick and simple...until I tried to find the small toys! So, I'm back looking for suggestions!

smileyface Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smileyface Posted 13 Jun 2005 , 7:05pm
post #4 of 8

Tarheel?? Are you from NC? Just curious, I am in NC.

Wilton makes candy melt molds for tools. They are pretty cute, I saw them last week in a store near me. I am pretty sure I have seen a cake or two on this website using tool molds. Maybe you can pick one up and use the ideas from here or somewhere else to make a cake. I also saw a cake here where someone made tools from fondant. Maybe you can find a neat BCT to do, those are great.

Good Luck!

tarheel Posted 29 Jun 2005 , 5:31pm
post #5 of 8

Thanks for the suggestions.

And, yes, I'm from NC. A true tarheel that bleeds blue....UNC Class of "85....opps...telling my age!

brennafaye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brennafaye Posted 29 Jun 2005 , 5:55pm
post #6 of 8

if you like character pans there is the Little Hero pan from Wilton that you could make in a person holding a tool or wrench or something like that. Possible a 1/3 or 1/2 sheet cake underneath it with some of the other accessories you were talking about.

sheilaattaway Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sheilaattaway Posted 7 Jul 2005 , 4:44am
post #7 of 8

I have a few pictures of cakes i found that might help
LL
LL

sheilaattaway Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sheilaattaway Posted 7 Jul 2005 , 4:45am
post #8 of 8

I have a few pictures of cakes i found that might help
LL
LL