Help Locating Cake Supply Store Near Boston

Decorating By korensmommy Updated 8 Aug 2006 , 1:01pm by lehall2006

korensmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
korensmommy Posted 8 Aug 2006 , 1:18am
post #1 of 10

Hi,
I'm looking for a store that sells basic cake supplies around the North of Boston area. Specifically, I am looking for cowboy & hockey cake/cupcake supplies and matching candles.
Thanks in advance!
~Nicole

9 replies
cakes47 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes47 Posted 8 Aug 2006 , 1:48am
post #2 of 10

Have you tried A.C. Moore or Michael's?? There's also a party store on Rte 114 in Peabody you could try.

korensmommy Posted 8 Aug 2006 , 11:49am
post #3 of 10

I've tried Michaels and AC Moore and haven't been satistifed lately. What is the one on 114 in Peabody called?
Thanks!!!

sunflowerfreak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sunflowerfreak Posted 8 Aug 2006 , 12:00pm
post #4 of 10

I livei n Waltham and there is a cake place that is located in Cambridge. I can't think of the name right now. Leona's or something like that. It's a woman's name. maybe you can yellow page it. If I think of it I will post again. Sorry. You can also try EBAY.

korensmommy Posted 8 Aug 2006 , 12:01pm
post #5 of 10

Can you believe I have tried EBay & been unsucessful?!?!
I will check out the one in Cambridge, thanks!

LittleLinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleLinda Posted 8 Aug 2006 , 12:11pm
post #6 of 10

Years ago I used to get stuff at Brenners on Rt. 1. It might be in Saugus. I haven't been there in 20 years, so I don't know if they are even still there. It's near the old Chateau de Ville. I used to live in Lynn, now I live in Groveland near Haverhill.

korensmommy Posted 8 Aug 2006 , 12:17pm
post #7 of 10

Thanks, just 'Googled' Brenners and it's still there. It's on the way to the airport (which I will be going in 2 weeks) so I will stop in~~perfect!!
Thanks!

cakes47 Posted 8 Aug 2006 , 12:49pm
post #8 of 10

I'm not sure of the name. It's in one of those many plazas on rte 114.
Burlington Coat Factory, Chinese restaurant, TJ Maxx, plus other stores that I can't remember are all in that plaza. It does have a good set of traffic lights which most don't. It would be on the right heading away from rte 1.
I hope this is of help to you in locating those hockey and cowboy figures, candles, etc.
There was another party supply place in Saugus, just off rte 1 but again, i don't know the name and haven't been out that way in a few years. Did you check yuckymart (walmart) for the figures in the toy section?
Let me know if you do local what you want.
Good Luck!!!

cakes47 Posted 8 Aug 2006 , 12:51pm
post #9 of 10

LOL Yes, Brenner's, that's the name of the Saugus store.

lehall2006 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lehall2006 Posted 8 Aug 2006 , 1:01pm
post #10 of 10

The one in Cambridge is called Verna's. It's on Mass Ave, a little past Porter Square, toward Arlington. You'll want to give a call before you head over (617-864-7745), as they are randomly closed sometimes. They have a small but eclectic supply and good prices. I live in the neighborhood, so I'm there all the time.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%